By Charles S. Farrow DVM
With a spotlight on birds, reptiles, and mammals, Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: Avian and unique Pets discusses veterinary diagnostic imaging and new applied sciences for a number of modalities that can assist you competently diagnose and pinpoint universal accidents and ailment. Divided into 3 sections - Birds, Mammals, and Reptiles - every one part contains beneficial info on positioning for particular constructions, imaging findings, and extra for every species with a wealth of images to supply real-life examples.
- Atlas-sized radiographs let you simply visualize the harm or indication of disease.
- Comparison radiographs exhibit an ordinary picture with an irregular photo to focus on alterations and assist you determine abnormalities in practice.
- ''Telescopic'' photographs supply close-up perspectives of bigger radiographs that can assist you establish salient issues noticeable within the radiograph.
- Content adapted to every species highlights the typical accidents and illnesses for every avian and unique species.
- Discussions of a number of modalities together with ultrasound, MRI, and CT supply the entire details you would like for diagnostic imaging in a single resource.
Read or Download Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: Birds, Exotic Pets and Wildlife PDF
Similar diagnostic imaging books
Written by means of across the world well known specialists, this quantity is a set of chapters facing imaging prognosis and interventional treatments in neuroradiology and ailments of the backbone. the various issues are disease-oriented and surround the entire appropriate imaging modalities together with X-ray expertise, nuclear medication, ultrasound and magnetic resonance, in addition to image-guided interventional options.
Ultimately, a handy, one-volume precis of present wisdom on a space of accelerating significance! The susceptible Atherosclerotic Plaque offers contributions from the easiest investigators within the box, skillfully edited for simple examining and lavishly illustrated with high quality, full-color pictures. After a thought of and concise advent, the ebook concentrates on: Pathology of weak plaque Triggers for plaque rupture Imaging of volatile plaque administration of weak plaques cautious modifying permits the authors to prevent repetition and supply finished insurance of pathology, detection, and administration.
• Richly illustrated with over 2 hundred illustrations• includes a word list of phrases• Very functional and effortless consultant
MRI of the higher Extremity is a whole advisor to MRI assessment of shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, and finger issues. This hugely illustrated text/atlas provides a pragmatic method of MRI interpretation, emphasizing the medical correlations of imaging findings. greater than 1,100 MRI scans exhibit general anatomy and pathologic findings, and a full-color cadaveric atlas familiarizes readers with anatomic buildings noticeable on MR photographs.
- Medical Image Processing, Reconstruction and Restoration: Concepts and Methods (Signal Processing and Communications)
- Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Anatomy, Edition: 2nd
- Atlas and Anatomy of PET/MRI, PET/CT and SPECT/CT
- An Atlas of Pathology of the Brain
Extra info for Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: Birds, Exotic Pets and Wildlife
Among these, parrots are the most popular, interspersed with the occasional canary or Mynah bird. Accordingly, this chapter is quite brief compared with some of the others. Nevertheless, I believe there is some useful information that can readily be applied in a practice setting. Information is also included on small bird radiography and in particular, methods that require no drugs or gas. Although I agree with authorities that tout the advantages of full restraint—and the manual, chemical, or gaseous means of achieving this—I vehemently disagree with the proposition that every small bird must be restrained, especially if the bird is seriously ill or injured.
As the wing is tipped up (termed an increased angle of attack), lift increases but only to a point, at which time lift abruptly decreases, causing the wing to stall, or cease to ﬂy. Different wing shapes, or planforms, possess different aerodynamic qualities, with the elliptical wing most closely approaching the ideal for subsonic ﬂight (Figure 4-1). As aircraft become faster, their wings become smaller, ﬂatter, more angular, and swept back to decrease drag (Figure 4-2). But fast comes with a price; namely, a need for greater thrust and superior ﬂying skills, especially at low speed.
CHAPTER 2 I I I Wild Birds 27 A Figure 2-3 • A, Frontal view of an adult jay, its characteristic dorsal crest collapsed as it dips beneath the arch of a moose antler to take a peanut. B, Roasted peanuts are an excellent, no fuss, short-term food source for hospitalized jays and magpies but should be unsalted. B Figure 2-4 • Portrait view of an adult jay with raised dorsal crest ready to take a peanut from a feeder. indd 27 2/11/2008 10:51:43 AM 28 SECTION I I I I The Birds Figure 2-5 • Canadian geese in formation.