By Chip Dawes
Study the fine details of 9i with the OCA/OCP: advent to Oracle9i SQL learn Guide. This free up from Sybex will arrange you for examination 1Z0-007, creation to Oracle9i: SQL. You get thousands of not easy evaluate questions within the ebook and at the CD and authoritative assurance of all examination targets.
Read Online or Download OCA-OCP: introduction to Oracle9i SQL: study guide PDF
Best oracle books
It is a incredible publication, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated adequate for these with out a lot event, but in addition presents sufficient element if you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and getting rid of idle redundancy in the course of the company. even though, there isn't any magic set of most sensible practices or tough and speedy principles that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: on the way to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your firms most important facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that facts and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that information and also you will be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking benefit of all that RMAN has to provide by way of offering easy-to-understand strategies to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- presents ready-made and step by step options to easy and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow by way of offering example-based options, now not unending analyzing material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This booklet will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step ideas that could assist you backup and get well your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you ways to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive factors similar to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this ebook for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage the entire strong beneficial properties on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed recommendations inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written through Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you the way to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle APEX Best Practices
- Oracle space management handbook
- Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Professional Guide
- Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming (Oracle Press)
Additional info for OCA-OCP: introduction to Oracle9i SQL: study guide
BECOME USER is used for full database imports and comes standard as part of the IMP_FULL_DATABASE role. GRANT ANY ROLE and GRANT ANY PRIVILEGE have no restrictions on the grantee. Chapter 10 discusses system privileges and their restrictions. 35. D. Revocations of object privileges cascade, but system and role privi- lege revocations do not. OL$ that Chip granted will be dropped when user Chip is dropped. For more information on database privileges, see Chapter 10. com Chapter 1 Basic SQL SELECT Statements INTRODUCTION TO ORACLE9i: SQL EXAM OBJECTIVES COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER: Writing Basic SQL Select Statements List the capabilities of SQL SELECT statements Execute a basic SELECT statement Restricting and Sorting Data Limit the rows retrieved by a query Sort the rows retrieved by a query Exam objectives are subject to change at any time without prior notice and at Oracle’s sole discretion.
Text The text literal must be enclosed in single quotation marks. Any character between the quotation marks is considered part of the text value. Oracle treats all text literals as though they were CHAR datatypes. The maximum length of a text literal is 4000 bytes. Single quotation marks can be included in the literal text value by preceding it with another single quotation mark. ” ' '12-SEP-2001' Integer Integer literals can be any number of numerals, excluding a decimal separator and up to 38 digits long.
Using the SELECT Statement The SELECT statement is the most commonly used statement in SQL. It allows you to retrieve information already stored in the database. The statement begins with the keyword SELECT, followed by the column names whose data you want to query. You can either select information from all the columns (denoted by *) or name specific columns in the SELECT clause to retrieve data. The FROM clause provides the name of the table, view, or materialized view to use in the query. These objects are discussed in detail in later chapters.