By Andrew Odewahn
It is a marvelous booklet, transparent and well-written. it really is easy sufficient for these with no a lot adventure, but in addition offers adequate element when you don't want coddling... certainly, definitely worth the $.
Read Online or Download Oracle Web Applications: PL/SQL Developer's Intro: Developer's Introduction PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a very good publication, transparent and well-written. it truly is uncomplicated adequate for these with no a lot event, but additionally presents adequate element in case you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
This present day DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and casting off idle redundancy in the course of the company. even though, there is not any magic set of most sensible practices or challenging and quick principles that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the real task of an Oracle database administrator should be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so one can get better your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every part you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your companies most important information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that info and also you will be out of a job.
Scared? you need to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking benefit of all that RMAN has to supply through offering easy-to-understand suggestions to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard what you are promoting data
- offers ready-made and step by step ideas to easy and complicated backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time via delivering example-based recommendations, now not never-ending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step ideas that may assist you backup and get better your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and get better your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains akin to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this booklet for?
Oracle database directors chargeable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage all the strong positive factors to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed concepts within this Oracle Press advisor. Written by means of Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Expert Oracle Database 10g Administration (Expert's Voice)
- Oracle Essentials: Oracle Database 12c (5th Edition)
- Database Performance Tuning and Optimization: Using Oracle
- Oracle Essbase & Oracle OLAP
- Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide
- Guerrilla Oracle: The Succinct Windows Perspective
Additional info for Oracle Web Applications: PL/SQL Developer's Intro: Developer's Introduction
This role, in turn, is granted to the users that need the corresponding privileges. The DBA can add or revoke privileges from a role at any time, and these changes automatically flow to the users assigned to the role. For example, the DBA might create a role called ACCOUNTANT and grant it selected privileges on tables and views owned by the HR account. The role reduces the maintenance on Alice's, Bob's, Cato's, and Xena's accounts to a single grant. 3 shows a typical scenario in which roles are used to create access rights for various classes of users, such as pay clerks, managers, and receivables clerks.
Imagine trying to coordinate a similar system based on Oracle Forms. Use of HTML eliminates the version conflicts, SQL*Net conflicts, and configuration headaches that make being an application developer a real drag. HTML provides some protection from constant change HTML is a non-proprietary, standards-based language. If a browser supports the base HTML language, it can display any HTML document, even if the document is 10 years old. This gives considerable freedom to you as a developer, because as long as browsers support HTML, a user can modify or change his machine however he wants, and your application will still work.
Less privileged users can use ports higher than 1024. 3 The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) A transfer protocol is a convention that governs how systems exchange information. Take, for example, a phone conversation. ) don't start blurting out whatever comes to mind as soon as they pick up the receiver. Instead, your conversation follows a set pattern that civilized society has agreed upon to make communication more efficient: 1. I initiate a conversation by calling you. 2. " 3. I identify myself.