By Wallace B. McClure
This e-book has loads of solid details. i discovered myself skimming ahead a little bit yet there has been nonetheless plenty of strong details to make me are looking to continue examining. I want there has been occasionally extra clarification of why the writer feels a undeniable manner yet all and all this is often ebook worthy possessing.
Read Online or Download Professional ADO.NET 2: Programming with SQL Server 2005, Oracle, and MySQL PDF
Best oracle books
It is a superb e-book, transparent and well-written. it really is basic adequate for these with out a lot event, but additionally presents adequate aspect when you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to installation and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and casting off idle redundancy through the firm. notwithstanding, there is not any magic set of most sensible practices or difficult and quickly principles that DBAs have to stick with, and this may make lifestyles tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with the intention to get better your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your organisations most important facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may well fail.
- Lose that facts and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you need to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply through offering easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your corporation data
- offers ready-made and step by step options to easy and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so that you can find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow through offering example-based recommendations, now not never-ending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This booklet will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step recommendations that may assist you backup and get better your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you the way to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g good points reminiscent of the information restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage all the strong gains on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed strategies inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written via Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- The CIO's Guide to Oracle Products and Solutions
- Getting Started with Oracle BPM Suite 11gR1 - A Hands-On Tutorial
- RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g: A Problem-Solution Approach (Expert's Voice in Oracle), 1st Edition
- Expert PL/SQL Practices: for Oracle Developers and DBAs
Extra resources for Professional ADO.NET 2: Programming with SQL Server 2005, Oracle, and MySQL
17 Chapter 2 ❑ Does the name relate to the object on which the actions are being performed? The scope of the procedure is the most vital part of its name. If the procedure is adding customers to a table, then it should contain the word Customer in its name. If the procedure is referring to invoices, then it would include the name Invoice. ❑ Has the procedure been named in a way in which its action can be identified? Whether the stored procedure is performing a simple SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE, or whether it’s performing a more complicated task, you need to pick a name for the action it’s performing.
The DataSet never communicates with any data source and is totally unaware of the source of the data used to populate it. The best way to think of it is as an in-memory repository to store data that has been retrieved. ❑ DataAdapter — The DataAdapter object is what bridges the gap between the DataSet and the data source. The DataAdapter is responsible for retrieving the data from the Command object and populating the DataSet with the data returned. The DataAdapter is also responsible for persisting changes to the DataSet back to the data source.
The JET engine then communicates with ODBC to retrieve the data. Going through this extra translation layer adds unnecessary overhead and makes accessing data through DAO slow. RDO Remote Data Objects (RDO) was Microsoft’s solution to the slow performance created by DAO. For talking to databases other than Microsoft Access, RDO did not use the JET engine like DAO; instead, it communicated directly with the ODBC layer. Figure 1-3 shows this relationship. Removing the JET engine from the call stack greatly improved performance to ODBC data sources.