By Doug Stuns
-The excellent approach to organize for the Oracle9i DBA basics II examination! -Contains examination necessities, real-world state of affairs sidebars, scenario-based questions, and fill-in-the-blank questions. -The CD contains flashcards, chapter-by-chapter assessments, randomly
Read Online or Download OCP: Oracle9i DBA fundamentals II: study guide PDF
Similar oracle books
It is a significant booklet, transparent and well-written. it is basic adequate for these with out a lot event, but additionally offers sufficient element should you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and getting rid of idle redundancy through the firm. even if, there's no magic set of top practices or tough and speedy ideas that DBAs have to keep on with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: for you to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're liable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your organisations most important information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that facts and your organization might fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide via delivering easy-to-understand recommendations to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard what you are promoting data
- offers ready-made and step by step recommendations to uncomplicated and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time via supplying example-based recommendations, no longer unending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This booklet will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step ideas which may assist you backup and get better your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g beneficial properties comparable to the information restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors chargeable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage the entire robust gains to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database desktop utilizing the confirmed strategies inside of this Oracle Press consultant. Written by means of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you the way to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- SQL Server 7 Backup & Recovery
- Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology
- Oracle PL/SQL Programming, 4th Edition
- Beginning Oracle Programming
- Pro Oracle Fusion Applications: Installation and Administration
Additional resources for OCP: Oracle9i DBA fundamentals II: study guide
NOARCHIVELOG B. startup nomount C. startup mount D. com Answers to Assessment Test 1. B. Change-based recovery is based upon a unique SCN number that each transaction uniquely contains. See Chapter 11 for more information. 2. B. The recovery catalog is an optional feature of RMAN. Though Oracle recommends that you use it, it isn’t required. One major benefit of the recovery catalog is that it stores metadata about backups in a database that can be reported or queried. See Chapter 8 for more information.
A. User-managed backup is the term used to describe the standard backups that have been used from the inception of Oracle. These backups are usually custom written through the use of OS and database commands. See Chapter 9 for more information. 55. B. The system monitor (SMON) process is responsible for applying all of the committed or uncommitted changes in the online redo logs. See Chapter 6 for more information. 56. A. The CHANGE command makes the backup set either available or unavailable in the recovery catalog.
59. What are the different technical methods of loading data with the SQL*Loader utility? ) A. Direct-path load B. Conventional load C. Default-path load D. External-path load 60. What are the three primary network configurations? A. N-tier architecture B. Single-tier architecture C. Multi-tier architecture D. Two-tier architecture 61. Which of the following recoveries can be performed when the data- base is in ARCHIVELOG mode? A. Only incomplete recovery B. Only complete recovery C. Only partial recovery D.