By Steven Feuerstein
This booklet is the definitive reference on PL/SQL, thought of through the database neighborhood to be the simplest Oracle programming e-book to be had. Like its predecessors, this 5th version of Oracle PL/SQL Programming covers language basics, complicated coding recommendations, and most sensible practices for utilizing Oracle
Read or Download Oracle PL/SQL Programming (Animal Guide) PDF
Similar oracle books
Oracle Web Applications: PL/SQL Developer's Intro: Developer's Introduction
This can be a magnificent booklet, transparent and well-written. it really is easy sufficient for these with out a lot adventure, but in addition presents sufficient aspect when you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
Oracle Database 11g Underground Advice for Database Administrators
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy during the company. even though, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or not easy and speedy ideas that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make lifestyles tricky.
RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real task of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: in order to recuperate your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of all the pieces you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your enterprises most important facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may possibly fail.
- Lose that facts and also you might be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking benefit of all that RMAN has to supply by way of supplying easy-to-understand suggestions to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard what you are promoting data
- presents ready-made and step by step options to easy and complicated backup, fix, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so that you can uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time via delivering example-based options, now not never-ending examining material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step ideas that could assist you backup and get well your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g good points resembling the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects via writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors chargeable for database backup and restoration operations.
Achieving Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage all the robust beneficial properties to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database desktop utilizing the confirmed innovations within this Oracle Press consultant. Written by way of Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you ways to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Expert Oracle RAC 12c
- Oracle Identity and Access Manager 11g for Administrators
- Oracle Database 10g: The Complete Reference (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)
- The Oracle Hacker's Handbook: Hacking and Defending Oracle
Extra resources for Oracle PL/SQL Programming (Animal Guide)
Table 1-1. 0) was used primarily as a scripting language in SQL*Plus (it was not yet possible to create named, reusable, and callable programs) and also as a programming language in SQL*Forms 3. 0 added support for stored procedures, functions, packages, programmer-defined records, PL/SQL tables (now known as collections), and many package extensions. 1) supported programmer-defined subtypes, enabled the use of stored functions inside SQL statements, and offered dynamic SQL with the DBMS_SQL package.
The application as a whole therefore enjoys hot rollover from the pre-upgrade version to the post-upgrade version. This new capability relies on a number of database features, but the biggest one is edition-based redefinition. While application architects will be responsible for most of the edition-based redefinition tasks, this capability will also be of great interest to developers. The edition-based redefinition capability is introduced in Chapter 20. 12 | Chapter 1: Introduction to PL/SQL FORCE option with CREATE TYPE (Release 2 only) You can now specify that you want to force the “CREATE OR REPLACE” of a new type, even if it has other types that depend on it.
8–11 This query retrieves the name for the account. If there is no account for this ID, the database raises the predefined NO_DATA_FOUND exception, causing the program to stop. 19–22 If the balance is too low, I explicitly raise my own exception because I have encountered a serious problem with this account. 24 The EXCEPTION keyword denotes the end of the executable section and the beginning of the exception section in which errors are handled. 25–28 This is the error-handling section for the situation in which the account is not found.