By Steven Feuerstein, Bill Pribyl
Thought of the simplest Oracle PL/SQL programming consultant via the Oracle neighborhood, this definitive advisor is strictly what you want to utilize Oracle’s strong procedural language. The 6th version describes the gains and services of PL/SQL up via Oracle Database 12c liberate 1.
Hundreds of hundreds of thousands of PL/SQL builders have benefited from this e-book over the past two decades; this variation maintains that culture. With huge code examples and a full of life humorousness, this e-book explains language basics, explores complex coding strategies, and provides most sensible practices that can assist you remedy real-world problems.
• Get PL/SQL courses up and working fast, with transparent directions for executing, tracing, trying out, debugging, and dealing with code
• comprehend new 12.1 good points, together with the ACCESSIBLE_BY clause, WITH functionality and UDF pragma, BEQUEATH CURRENT_USER for perspectives, and new conditional compilation directives
• benefit from vast code samples, from easy-to-follow examples to reusable packaged utilities
• Optimize PL/SQL functionality with positive aspects just like the functionality consequence cache and Oracle utilities similar to PL/Scope and the PL/SQL hierarchical profiler
• construct modular, easy-to-maintain PL/SQL functions utilizing applications, tactics, services, and triggers
Read Online or Download Oracle PL/SQL Programming (6th Edition) PDF
Similar oracle books
This can be a great ebook, transparent and well-written. it is easy sufficient for these with out a lot event, but in addition offers adequate element when you don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This present day DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and taking away idle redundancy in the course of the firm. besides the fact that, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or demanding and speedy principles that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real task of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: for you to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of the whole lot you're liable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your companies most crucial info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may possibly fail.
- Lose that facts and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply by means of delivering easy-to-understand options to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- offers ready-made and step by step ideas to uncomplicated and complicated backup, fix, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so that you can uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time by way of supplying example-based recommendations, no longer unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This publication will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step recommendations which can assist you backup and get better your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and get better your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains similar to the information restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this ebook for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage the entire robust positive factors on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed options inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written via Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete good thing about this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle SQL Internals Handbook
- Computer-Integrated Building Design, Edition: 1st ed
- Perl for Oracle DBAs
- Ocp: Oracle8i DBA SQL & PL/SQL Study Guide (OCP study guide)
- Oracle Essbase 9 Implementation Guide
- Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals (Expert's Voice in Oracle)
Additional info for Oracle PL/SQL Programming (6th Edition)
From a user perspective, OCR management and maintenance works the same as in previous versions, with the exception of OCR recovery, which is covered later in this section. As in previous versions, the OCR is backed up automatically every four hours. However, the new backup location is
The following query, when run on the ASM instance, reflects that it is an ASM instance: ASM_SQL> SELECT INSTANCE_NAME FROM V$INSTANCE; INSTANCE_NAME ---------------+ASM The ASM instance is generally named +ASM, and in RAC configurations, the ASM system identifier (SID) is named the +ASMx instance, where x represents the instance number. The ORACLE_SID environment variable can be set as follows: export ORACLE_SID=+ASM1 When the INSTANCE_TYPE=ASM parameter is set, it signals the Oracle initialization routine to start an ASM instance and not an RDBMS instance.
In this case, the database foreground communicates directly with the ASM instance to coordinate the operation (this is covered in Chapter 2). Each database instance maintains a pool of connections to its ASM instance to avoid the overhead of reconnecting for every file operation. Additionally, the RDBMS instances never directly update ASM metadata. ASM metadata is managed and written only by the ASM instance. indd 30 5/31/13 5:20 PM Oracle-Regular / Database Cloud Storage / Vengurlekar & Bagal / 015-2 Chapter 3: ASM Instances 31 Managing ASM Instance ASM is the volume manager for all databases that employ ASM on a given node.