By Benjamin Rosenzweig
Begin constructing functions with Oracle PL/SQL - quickly! This built-in book-and-Web studying resolution teaches the entire Oracle PL/SQL abilities you wish, fingers on, via real-world labs, wide examples, workouts, initiatives, and a whole Web-based education web site. Oracle PL/SQL via instance, 3rd variation covers Oracle 10g and the entire basics: grasp PL/SQL syntax, iterative and conditional keep an eye on, scoping, anchored datatypes, cursors, triggers, safety, tables, methods, services, applications and Oracle-supplied programs - plus robust new suggestions for operating with exceptions, cursors, collections, and documents. Your unfastened Web-based education module features a digital research living room the place you could have interaction with different inexperienced persons, paintings on new tasks, and get updates!
Read Online or Download Oracle PL/SQL by Example PDF
Similar oracle books
It is a great ebook, transparent and well-written. it truly is basic sufficient for these with no a lot event, but in addition offers sufficient element in case you don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to installation and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and putting off idle redundancy in the course of the firm. even if, there isn't any magic set of most sensible practices or difficult and quick ideas that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make existence tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: in order to get better your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of shielding your firms most important facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that facts and your organization may possibly fail.
- Lose that information and also you will be out of a job.
Scared? you need to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking benefit of all that RMAN has to supply by means of delivering easy-to-understand recommendations to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your small business data
- offers ready-made and step by step options to easy and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by means of delivering example-based strategies, no longer never-ending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This booklet will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step strategies that may assist you backup and get well your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you ways to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g good points comparable to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage the entire robust gains on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database laptop utilizing the confirmed concepts inside of this Oracle Press consultant. Written by means of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Introduction to Oracle9i: Advanced SQL
- Oracle Applications DBA Field Guide (Expert's Voice in Oracle)
- Oracle Database 10g: A Beginner's Guide (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)
- Oracle9iR2 Data Warehousing
- Oracle Database 11g SQL (Oracle Press)
Additional info for Oracle PL/SQL by Example
2 Answers a) A1: If you ran the previous example in a SQL*Plus, what would be the result? Answer: Assuming SET SERVEROUTPUT ON had been issued, you would get only born on. The reason is that the variables v_name and v_dob have no values. b) Run the example and see what happens. Explain what is happening as the focus moves from one line to the next. A2: Answer: Three variables are declared. When each one is declared, its initial value is null. v_name is set as a varchar2VARCHAR2 with a length of 30, v_dob is set as a character type date, and v_us_citizen is set to BOOLEAN.
Then you progress to learn how to make words from these character sets. Finally, you learn the parts of speech and you can begin talking. You can think of PL/SQL as being a more complex language because it has many character types and, additionally, many types of words or lexical units that are made from these character sets. Once you learn these, you can progress to learn the structure of the PL/SQL language. ), and white space. When elements from one or more of these character types are joined together, they will create a lexical unit (these lexical units can be a combination of character types).
In the following exercises, you will practice putting these units together. 1 Make Use of PL/SQL Language Components Now that you have the character types and the lexical units, it is equivalent to knowing the alphabet and how to spell out words. a) Why does PL/SQL have so many different types of characters? What are they used for? b) What would be the equivalent of a verb and a noun in English in PL/SQL? Do you speak PL/SQL? 2 Make Use of PL/SQL Variables Variables may be used to hold a temporary value.