By Marlin B. Pohlman
In today’s aggressive market with its specialise in revenue, retaining integrity can usually be a problem. additional complicating this problem is the truth that these assigned to the duty of assuring responsibility inside of a company usually have little, if any, visibility into the interior workings of that organization.
Oracle identification administration: Governance, chance, and Compliance structure is the definitive advisor for company stewards who're suffering from the problem of assembly regulatory compliance pressures whereas embarking at the direction of procedure and process remediation. The textual content is written through Marlin Pohlman, a director with Oracle who's famous as one of many basic educators world wide on identification administration, regulatory compliance, and company governance.
In the book’s first chapters, Dr. Pohlman examines multinational rules and delves into the character of governance, threat, and compliance. He additionally cites universal criteria, illustrating a couple of famous compliance frameworks. He then specializes in particular software program parts that might allow safe enterprise operations. to accomplish the image, he discusses components of the Oracle structure, which enable reporting necessary to the regulatory compliance procedure, and the vaulting options and knowledge hubs, which gather, implement, and shop coverage information.
Examining case reports from the 5 such a lot regulated enterprise verticals, monetary prone, retail, pharma-life sciences, larger schooling, and the U.S. public area, this paintings teaches company stewards how to:
- reach and hold excessive degrees of integrity
- dispose of redundancy and over the top cost in id management
- Map suggestions on to sector and legislation
- carry services chargeable for shrunk services
Identity administration is the 1st defensive line within the company inner surroundings. Reconcilingtheory and practicality, this quantity makes certain that safeguard is conceivable, responsive, and potent.
Read or Download Oracle Identity Management PDF
Similar oracle books
It is a excellent publication, transparent and well-written. it is uncomplicated adequate for these with no a lot adventure, but in addition offers adequate element if you happen to don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to installation and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy during the firm. even though, there is not any magic set of top practices or tough and quick ideas that DBAs have to stick with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the real activity of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: on the way to recuperate your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your organisations most important info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide through supplying easy-to-understand recommendations to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your corporation data
- offers ready-made and step by step strategies to easy and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow through offering example-based ideas, no longer never-ending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This publication will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step strategies that could assist you backup and get better your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive factors comparable to the information restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects by way of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage all the strong gains on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed innovations within this Oracle Press advisor. Written by means of Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Advanced Administration Cookbook
- Oracle Data Guard 11g Handbook (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)
- OCP: Oracle 10g Administration II Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-043
- Oracle Primavera Contract Management, BI Version 14
- OCA: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate Study Guide: Exams1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052
- Oracle SQL Internals Handbook
Additional resources for Oracle Identity Management
AWS RDS: inbound rule setting 48 Chapter 3 ■ Provisioning After providing the correct information in the SQL Developer new connection option, as shown in Figure 3-41, you can test your connection to the instance at AWS RDS. Figure 3-41. AWS RDS: connecting to the DB instance using SQL Developer With the successful test, you can now access your DB as any other DB, as shown in Figure 3-42. Figure 3-42. AWS RDS: DB instance query execution, example 1 49 Chapter 3 ■ Provisioning You can even check the instance details and data files or create your own objects, as shown in Figure 3-43.
AWS RDS: DB server options Note that the DB instance identifier must contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens. Otherwise, you can expect the error message shown in Figure 3-32. Figure 3-32. AWS RDS: DB instance name Configuring the Advanced Settings Now you are about to configure the advanced settings, where you can go with default virtual private cloud or let AWS create a new one for you. The public accessibility setting needs to be set to Yes or No, based on the connectivity and access requirements.
Oracle Cloud PaaS offering 26 Chapter 3 ■ Provisioning There are two offerings available. The Database as a Service option will let you create database instances, whereas the Database Schema Service option will let you create a schema to be used as per your requirements. You need to provision a database, so select Database as a Service, as shown in Figure 3-2. Note that Oracle offers a free trial service to help you explore many features without any cost. Figure 3-2. Oracle Cloud Database as a Service offering As the next step, you need to sign up for the subscription of Oracle Cloud services.