By Kuassi Mensah
The conventional department of work among the database (which merely shops and manages SQL and XML facts for quick, effortless facts seek and retrieval) and the applying server (which runs program or enterprise good judgment, and presentation common sense) is out of date. even supposing the books fundamental concentration is on programming the Oracle Database, the techniques and strategies supplied follow to such a lot RDBMS that aid Java together with Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. this is often the 1st ebook to hide new Java, JDBC, SQLJ, JPublisher and net providers positive factors in Oracle Database 10g unencumber 2 (the insurance starts off with Oracle 9i unencumber 2). This publication is a must-read for database builders viewers (DBAs, database purposes builders, info architects), Java builders (JDBC, SQLJ, J2EE, and OR Mapping frameworks), and to the rising internet companies assemblers.
* Describes pragmatic suggestions, complicated database functions, in addition to provision of a wealth of code samples
* Addresses programming types which run in the database in addition to programming types which run in middle-tier or client-tier opposed to the database.
* Discusses languages for kept approaches: while to exploit proprietary languages equivalent to PL/SQL and while to exploit average languages resembling Java; additionally working non-Java scripting languages within the database
* Describes the Java runtime within the Oracle database 10g (i.e., OracleJVM), its structure, reminiscence administration, protection administration, threading, Java execution, the local Compiler (i.e., NCOMP), the right way to make Java identified to SQL and PL/SQL, facts kinds mapping, find out how to call-out to exterior net elements, EJB elements, ERP frameworks, and exterior databases.
* Describes JDBC programming and the recent Oracle JDBC 10g beneficial properties, its complicated connection providers (pooling, failover, load-balancing, and the short database occasion notification mechanism) for clustered databases (RAC) in Grid environments.
* Describes SQLJ programming and the newest Oracle SQLJ 10g gains , contrasting it with JDBC
* Describes the most recent Database net companies good points, internet prone thoughts and prone orientated structure (SOA) for DBA, the database as net companies supplier and the database as internet prone consumer.
* Abridged assurance of JPublisher 10g, a flexible supplement to JDBC, SQLJ and Database net companies.
Read or Download Oracle Database Programming using Java and Web Services PDF
Best oracle books
Oracle Web Applications: PL/SQL Developer's Intro: Developer's Introduction
This can be a tremendous publication, transparent and well-written. it really is easy sufficient for these with out a lot event, but additionally offers sufficient aspect if you happen to don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
Oracle Database 11g Underground Advice for Database Administrators
This present day DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and putting off idle redundancy through the firm. besides the fact that, there isn't any magic set of top practices or challenging and quickly principles that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g
It’s occasionally stated that the real task of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so that it will get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of everything you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your businesses most crucial information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may fail.
- Lose that info and also you might be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide through supplying easy-to-understand options to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your small business data
- presents ready-made and step by step suggestions to basic and complicated backup, fix, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you can find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time by way of supplying example-based strategies, now not never-ending analyzing material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step suggestions that could assist you backup and get well your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g good points reminiscent of the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects via writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors liable for database backup and restoration operations.
Achieving Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage the entire strong positive aspects on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database laptop utilizing the confirmed innovations inside of this Oracle Press consultant. Written by way of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-053)
- Oracle Unleashed, Edition: 2nd
- Oracle CRM On Demand Reporting (Oracle Press)
- Oracle exam test
Extra info for Oracle Database Programming using Java and Web Services
Finally, just for fun, in Chapter 5, you will run basic JACL, Jython, Scheme, and Groovy scripts in the data1. See Oracle JDBC, Oracle SQLJ, and JPublisher in Part II; then Database Web Services in Part III; and Putting Everything Together in Part IV. 2 There is a growing adoption of Java in the database, among DBAs and database developers, and after reading this book, you will probably become an aficionado, if that is not already the case! 2. I must say that this proof of concept does not correspond to any Oracle product plan.
X in Oracle Database 10g (Release 1 and 2). 3 How Is Java Stored in the Database? The JDK VM stores, loads, and runs Java sources/classes from the file system; the OracleJVM stores each Java class (and derived classes), its source, the potential/optional Java resources (used for properties and miscellaneous needs), and the metadata in a managed, stand-alone database object called “libunit” (short for library unit). Let’s see the storage structures involved. Where Is the Java Source Stored? Unlike PL/SQL sources, which are stored in human-readable format as VARCHAR columns of system tables, Java sources are stored in nonhumanreadable format as Opaque types,1 using UTF8 character set, in internal system tables.
Support for large Java programs has been addressed by designing efficient memory management. Robustness, or resilience, was another requirement that was addressed through the integration with the RDBMS session model. 1 Tight Integration with the RDBMS The tight integration with the RDBMS consists of allowing Java to execute in the same address space as SQL and PL/SQL, while making no compromise on security and data integrity. This goal was accomplished by espousing the session model of the Oracle database.