By Robert G. Freeman
Книга, написанная разработчиками Microsoft SQL Server 2005 research companies, дает читателю полное представление об его функционировании и устройстве. В ней рассмотрены основы многомерного анализа данных и дано глубокое представление о многомерных моделях данных и устройстве OLAP-сервера. Описаны основные концепции языка доступа к многомерным данным MDX и его расширенные возможности, а также архитектура сервера, методы обработки данных и алгоритмы доступа к данным. Приведены внутренние и ннешние протоколы обмена данными, включая протокол XML/A. Рассмотрены алгоритмы управления ресурсами research prone, в том числе алгоритмы управления памятью. Описан процесс создания эффективных клиентских приложений с использованием research prone, механизмы интеграции многомерных и реляционных баз данных. Уделено внимание безопасности, а также администрированию Microsoft SOL Server 2005 research Services.
Read Online or Download Oracle Database 11g New Features PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a marvelous ebook, transparent and well-written. it really is basic adequate for these with no a lot adventure, but additionally presents adequate aspect if you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy through the firm. even though, there isn't any magic set of most sensible practices or difficult and quick principles that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real activity of an Oracle database administrator might be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so one can get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every part you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of shielding your companies most important information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that facts and your organization might fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply by way of supplying easy-to-understand recommendations to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard what you are promoting data
- offers ready-made and step by step strategies to easy and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow by way of delivering example-based ideas, no longer unending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step ideas which may assist you backup and get well your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you ways to
- Reliably again up and get better your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains resembling the information restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors liable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage all the robust positive factors on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed concepts within this Oracle Press consultant. Written by way of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- OCP: ORacle8i DBA Performance Tuning and Network Administration Study Guide (With CD-ROM)
- Oracle Essentials: Oracle Database 12c (5th Edition)
- Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook, 2nd Edition (Oracle Press)
- Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming (Database & ERP - OMG)
- Pro Oracle Fusion Applications: Installation and Administration
- Advanced SQL Functions in Oracle 10G
Extra resources for Oracle Database 11g New Features
Sql) to display the status of the database components. Ensure that all components show a valid status. sql script from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. This script contains upgrade related steps that do not require the database to be started in upgrade mode. sql script contained in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. sql can be run at the same time. sql, you should make sure that no unexpected objects are still invalid. SQL that can help you make this determination might include: SELECT count(*) FROM dba_invalid_objects; SELECT distinct object_name FROM dba_invalid_objects; 5 Shut down the database.
Use the new parameter, asm_preferred_read_failure_groups, to configure the instance with a list of preferred disk failure group names to use when accessing ASM disks. failuregroupname where diskgroupname is the name of the disk group that the failure group belongs to and failuregroupname the name of the preferred failure group. fdisk2 If ASM cannot read from the preferred disk failure group, it will proceed to read from the preferred group and then from any additional failure group that might be defined.
The DBUA also gives you the option of configuring the Flash Recovery Area (FRA). This is particularly handy if you are moving from Oracle9i, which did not offer the FRA, or if you did not use the FRA in previous Oracle Database 10g databases. Another choice you will make from the DBUA is the option to recompile invalid objects after the upgrade. sql package from the SQL command line. The default option is to recompile packages, and I recommend you take this option. Finally the DBUA provides the option to backup the database (again, I prefer to do this before hand, manually).