By Yuli Vasiliev
This booklet is a short consultant to getting all started with Oracle enterprise Intelligence SE platform that might resolution universal enterprise questions and assist you make quickly enterprise judgements. The examples during this booklet may help you organize the database for research and create enterprise studies very quickly. while you are an company analyst, a file builder, a DBA, or an software developer who desires to the way to use the Oracle enterprise Intelligence platform for research and reporting, this can be the best publication for you. past wisdom of Oracle enterprise Intelligence instruments isn't required, yet you'll have a reliable seize of utilizing an Oracle Database.
Read Online or Download Oracle Business Intelligence The Condensed Guide to Analysis and Reporting PDF
Best oracle books
It is a excellent ebook, transparent and well-written. it is easy sufficient for these with no a lot event, but in addition presents sufficient aspect in case you don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and taking away idle redundancy during the firm. despite the fact that, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or challenging and speedy ideas that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make existence tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real activity of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: in order to recuperate your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every thing you're liable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your firms most crucial facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may fail.
- Lose that info and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply through supplying easy-to-understand options to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard what you are promoting data
- presents ready-made and step by step options to basic and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time through offering example-based options, now not never-ending examining material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This booklet will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step ideas which may assist you backup and get well your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you the way to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g beneficial properties corresponding to the information restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors liable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage all the strong positive aspects to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed innovations within this Oracle Press advisor. Written via Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle CRM On Demand 2012 Administration Essentials
- Expert Oracle Database 10g Administration (Expert's Voice)
- Oracle XSQL: Combining SQL, Oracle Text, XSLT, and Java to Publish Dynamic Web Content
- Oracle Data Mining - Administrator's Guide, 10g Release 2
Additional resources for Oracle Business Intelligence The Condensed Guide to Analysis and Reporting
The following list enumerates these problems: • Structuring data for analysis • Analyzing data • Creating reports • Viewing and sharing reports Now, you might wonder what Oracle Business Intelligence components are available and which problem each of them is designed to solve. The following is a list of the most popular components designed for analysis and reporting, which are included in the Oracle Business Intelligence package: • Oracle Discoverer Plus Relational for analyzing relational data and creating reports • Oracle Discoverer Plus OLAP for analyzing multidimensional data and creating reports • Oracle Discoverer Viewer for reporting and publishing • Oracle Discoverer Portlet Provider for publishing existing Discoverer reports to OracleAS Portal • Oracle Reports for reporting and publishing In addition, there are some useful tools in the Oracle Business Intelligence Tools package: • Oracle Discoverer Administrator for structuring data for analysis • Oracle Warehouse Builder for designing and deploying data warehouses, data marts, and Business Intelligence applications  Chapter 1 • Oracle Discoverer Desktop for analyzing relational data and creating reports, which is a Windows-only application • Oracle Reports Developer for building and publishing reports • Oracle Spreadsheet Add-In for sharing data, making it possible for you to work with Oracle OLAP data in MS Excel As you can see, some components included in the Oracle Business Intelligence Tools package are required to prepare data for analysis.
7. On the Net Service Name Configuration, Test screen, you can select Yes, perform a test to test that a connection can be made, or No, do not test and click Next to skip to the next screen. 8. On the Net Service Name Configuration, Net Service Name screen, provide the Net Service Name, say, XE, and then click Next.  Introducing Oracle Business Intelligence 9. On the Net Service Name Configuration, Another Net Service screen, select No and click Next. 10. On the Net Service Name Configuration Done screen, click Next.
On the Net Service Name Configuration, Net Service Name screen, provide the Net Service Name, say, XE, and then click Next.  Introducing Oracle Business Intelligence 9. On the Net Service Name Configuration, Another Net Service screen, select No and click Next. 10. On the Net Service Name Configuration Done screen, click Next. This will bring back the Welcome screen of the wizard. 11. On the Welcome screen, click Finish to complete the configuration steps. As a result of the above steps, the tnsnames.