By Matthew Hart
Unlocks the key to conserving your Database on hand and working smooth.
Great deciding to buy adventure
Read or Download Oracle Database 10g High Availability with RAC, Flashback, and Data Guard (Osborne ORACLE Press Series) PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a tremendous ebook, transparent and well-written. it really is basic adequate for these with no a lot event, but in addition offers sufficient aspect if you happen to don't desire coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to installation and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and taking away idle redundancy during the company. although, there's no magic set of top practices or challenging and speedy ideas that DBAs have to stick with, and this may make existence tricky.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with a purpose to recuperate your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your organisations most important facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that facts and your organization may well fail.
- Lose that information and also you may be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking benefit of all that RMAN has to supply via offering easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- offers ready-made and step by step suggestions to easy and intricate backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so that you can uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while via offering example-based strategies, no longer never-ending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step options which may assist you backup and recuperate your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you ways to
- Reliably again up and get better your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains corresponding to the information restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects by way of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors liable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage all the robust positive aspects on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed strategies within this Oracle Press consultant. Written by means of Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle CRM On Demand Reporting (Oracle Press)
- OCP: Oracle 10g Administration II Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-043
- Oracle Regular Expressions Pocket Reference
- Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Foundation Pack 11gR1: Essentials
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management For 10G And 11G -370P, 1st Edition
- Oracle Performance Survival Guide: A Systematic Approach to Database Optimization
Extra resources for Oracle Database 10g High Availability with RAC, Flashback, and Data Guard (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)
1. The concept of bind variable peeking is simple. During the physical optimization phase, the query optimizer peeks at the values of bind variables and uses them as literals. The problem with this approach is that the generated execution plan depends on the values provided by the first execution. sql, illustrates this behavior. Note that the first optimization is performed with the value 990. Consequently, the query optimizer chooses a full table scan. It is this choice, since the cursor is shared (the sql_id and the child number are the same), that impacts the second query that uses 10 for the selection.
For the moment, just think that this is the way things generally work. fm Page 16 Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:56 PM 16 CHAPTER 2 ■ KE Y CONCEPTS Open cursor Parse cursor Cursor returns data? Yes Define output variables No Cursor uses bind variables? Yes Bind input variables No Execute cursor Cursor returns data? Yes Fetch cursor No More data? No Close cursor Figure 2-1. fm Page 17 Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:56 PM CHAPTER 2 ■ KEY CONCEPTS Depending on the programming environment or techniques you are using, the different steps depicted in Figure 2-1 may be implicitly or explicitly executed.
Its parsed representation that includes the execution plan (which describes how the SQL engine will execute the SQL statement) is loaded in the shared pool, specifically, in the library cache. The structure in the UGA is updated to store a pointer to the location of the shareable cursor in the library cache. The next section will describe parsing in more detail. Define output variables: If the SQL statement returns data, the variables receiving it must be defined. This is necessary not only for queries but also for DELETE, INSERT, and UPDATE statements that use the RETURNING clause.