By Kevin Loney
Every thing a DBA must understand in a single volume--this is the must-have reference for a person operating with the Oracle database, and it’s been totally revised and up-to-date for Oracle Database 10g. Co-author Kevin Loney is the all time, best-selling Oracle Press writer.
Read or Download Oracle 10G Database - DBA PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a extraordinary e-book, transparent and well-written. it truly is uncomplicated sufficient for these with no a lot adventure, but additionally offers adequate element if you happen to don't desire coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and taking out idle redundancy in the course of the company. in spite of the fact that, there isn't any magic set of most sensible practices or demanding and speedy ideas that DBAs have to keep on with, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so one can get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your organisations most important info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may possibly fail.
- Lose that facts and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this ebook to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply by way of delivering easy-to-understand options to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your corporation data
- presents ready-made and step by step suggestions to easy and intricate backup, fix, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you can find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by way of offering example-based options, no longer unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This publication will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step ideas which can assist you backup and get well your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains equivalent to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors liable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage the entire robust positive aspects to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database laptop utilizing the confirmed concepts within this Oracle Press advisor. Written through Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete good thing about this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle Core - Essential Internals for DBAs, Devels.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials R12: A Functionality Guide
- Oracle exam test
- Pro Oracle Application Express (Expert's Voice in Oracle)
- Expert Oracle Application Express
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer Study Guide (Exams 310-081 & 310-082) (Oracle Press)
Extra resources for Oracle 10G Database - DBA
40 41 A few weeks later, I start getting calls from my coworkers. " "Steven, I asked it to drop my table, and runddl said that there is no such table. " "Steven. . " Well, you get the idea. I begin to have serious doubts about sharing my code with other people. Sheesh, if they can't use something as simple as runddl without screwing things up . . but I decide to withhold judgment and do some research. I log into the COMMON schema and find that, sure enough, all of the objects people were trying to create or drop or alter were sitting here in COMMON.
NDS supports all SQL datatypes available in Oracle8i. So, for example, define variables and bind arguments can be collections, large objects (LOBs), instances of an object type, and REFs. On the other hand, NDS does not support datatypes that are specific to PL/SQL, such as Booleans, index-by tables, and user-defined record types. The INTO clause may, however, contain a PL/SQL record. Let's take a look at a few examples: 1. Create an index: EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'CREATE INDEX emp_u_1 ON employee (last_name)'; It can't get much easier than that, can it?
Pkg */ CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE retry IS PROCEDURE incr_attempts (item IN VARCHAR2); PROCEDURE set_limit (item IN VARCHAR2, limit IN INTEGER); FUNCTION limit (item IN VARCHAR2) RETURN INTEGER; FUNCTION limit_reached (item IN VARCHAR2) RETURN BOOLEAN; PROCEDURE clear_attempts (item IN VARCHAR2); FUNCTION attempts (item IN VARCHAR2) RETURN INTEGER; FUNCTION attempts_left (item IN VARCHAR2) RETURN INTEGER; FUNCTION attempted_at (item IN VARCHAR2) RETURN DATE; PROCEDURE show_retries (item IN VARCHAR2 := '%'); END retry; / The programs are self-explanatory; the implementations are also very straightforward.