By Kevin Laahs, Emer McKenna, Veli-Matti Vanamo
The final Oracle software Server Portal Resource
Build dynamic, feature-rich firm portals utilizing Oracle program Server Portal and the specialist details during this particular Oracle Press consultant. you will find out how to maximize the services of Oracle software Server Portal, customise your portals, combine Oracle types and Oracle stories, and upload Java performance. Oracle software Server Portal Handbook covers all the layout, administration, and security measures to be had in Oracle software Server Portal 10.1.4 along real-world solutions.
- Take complete good thing about the integrated instruments and wizards
- Create wealthy end-user reviews quick and simply
- Customize pages and preserve site-wide consistency utilizing HTML templates
- include facts from disparate codecs utilizing Oracle software Server Portal's content material administration positive factors
- construct pages utilizing OmniPortlet and the net clipping studio
- Write portlets with Java and Oracle JDeveloper
- enforce SOA-based functions to attach company procedures
- Administer, song, and safe Oracle software Server Portal
- combine Oracle kinds, Oracle studies, and Oracle Discoverer workbooks
Read or Download Oracle Application Server Portal Handbook PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a really good ebook, transparent and well-written. it really is basic adequate for these with no a lot event, but in addition presents sufficient element should you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to installation and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and doing away with idle redundancy during the firm. in spite of the fact that, there's no magic set of top practices or demanding and quick ideas that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make lifestyles tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so as to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're chargeable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your corporations most crucial facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may fail.
- Lose that facts and also you might be out of a job.
Scared? you need to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide via delivering easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your small business data
- offers ready-made and step by step strategies to basic and complicated backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you can uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time by means of delivering example-based options, now not unending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This publication will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step strategies that could assist you backup and get better your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains equivalent to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects via writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage all the robust good points to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed options inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written by way of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Mastering Oracle PL/SQL: Practical Solutions
- Expert Oracle SQL: Optimization, Deployment, and Statistics
- Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook, 2nd Edition (Oracle Press)
- Oracle Unleashed, Edition: 2nd
- Pro Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite
Extra info for Oracle Application Server Portal Handbook
Why doesn’t the Create Provider link show up when we log in as that user? Remember, we said that providers must be associated with a database schema so that the PL/SQL packages that are generated from the various OracleAS Portal wizards can be stored. The OracleAS Portal user must have privileges on those schemas so that these packages can be created. We must grant an additional privilege to this OracleAS Portal user so that the user can create providers. On the Administration tab and on the Portal subtab, type the name of your OracleAS Portal user in the name field of the Portal User Profile portlet and click Edit.
A key concept to understand when working with OracleAS Portal and the various OracleAS Portal elements is the one-to-many relationship. Oracle used this concept many times when constructing the OracleAS Portal environment. A one-tomany relationship describes one where there is one parent record and one or more child records. Child records cannot exist without a parent record, but a parent record may exist without any child records. As an example, say one of us walks into our local bookstore and purchases some books.
As an example, an organization may have a set of OracleAS Portal pages with a certain look for a corporate office, another set for external suppliers, and other sets Chapter 1: Out-of-the-Box Oracle Application Server Portal Technologies of pages for various satellite locations. Any attributes applied at the Page Group level cascade down to all subpages (unless they’re overridden at the subpage level). ■ Edit properties of the Page Group This action allows developers to define attributes of the Page Group such as the total amount of disk space used for items placed on pages within this page group, whether privileged users can alter the pages within the Page Group, what types of pages can exist within the Page Group, how items are to be displayed and versioned, if language translations are to be made available, and which users can perform which actions against pages in the page group.