By Foot C
Read Online or Download OCP Instructors Guide for Oracle DBA Certification : A Study Guide to Advanced Oracle Certified Professional Database Administration Techniques PDF
Similar oracle books
This can be a remarkable e-book, transparent and well-written. it is easy adequate for these with no a lot event, but additionally offers sufficient aspect in the event you don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This present day DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and disposing of idle redundancy in the course of the company. despite the fact that, there's no magic set of top practices or difficult and speedy ideas that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: on the way to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every thing you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your companies most important info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may fail.
- Lose that information and also you may be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply by way of delivering easy-to-understand suggestions to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your enterprise data
- offers ready-made and step by step ideas to easy and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while through supplying example-based recommendations, no longer unending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step strategies that may assist you backup and recuperate your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g beneficial properties resembling the information restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this ebook for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage the entire robust positive aspects on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database desktop utilizing the confirmed suggestions inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written by way of Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Object-Oriented Oracle
- Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the Oak Table
- Oracle Unleashed, Edition: 2nd
- Oracle CRM On Demand Administration Essentials
- The Global Paleomagnetic Database: Design, Installation and Use with ORACLE, 1st Edition
- Oracle E-Business Suite Development & Extensibility Handbook (Oracle Press)
Additional info for OCP Instructors Guide for Oracle DBA Certification : A Study Guide to Advanced Oracle Certified Professional Database Administration Techniques
Size of Partitio n The second parameter to decide on is the size . You should enter the approximate value you want the partition to be in megabytes . Note that the actual size will depend on physical drive characteristics (sizes ar e rounded to the nearest disk cylinder) and and may vary by a fe w megabytes from the sizes you specified . " This option will allow this partition to use all available remaining disk space or share equally with any other partitions on the same physical disk, all the remaining disk space .
UNIX dominates the high-end market for production servers and high end graphics workstations because it has the reliability an d resilience to keep going . Security . Another reason for the strength of Linux and Unix o n the Internet is their mature and robust security model . The kernel is well protected from direct access by any user, and the fil e system is designed to be secure and has been proven secure fo r years on the Internet . Most security breaches are not from weaknesses that the average or even above average user would b e able to exploit in any operating system—it comes from poo r security practices of the users .
Do not choose any DOS partitions ; they are not optimized for database files in any way. Hard Drive Selectio n The hard drive option is an issue only if you have more than one physica l drive to choose from . If your system has a single IDE drive available, i t will be called hda (hard disk a) . This would be the name for the first har d drive on the IDE type first controller . The next drive would be hdb on th e same IDE controller. On the second IDE controller, the first drive would be hdc and the second would be hdd .