By Darl Kuhn
Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs meets a urgent desire available on the market for Linux details through Oracle database directors. Database directors function in a “grey quarter” within which they typically act as standard Linux clients and at different occasions as “lightweight” approach directors. Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs is the 1st publication to deal with their wishes by way of offering fast and ready-to-implement assistance for appearing the extraordinary mixture of Linux consumer and administrative projects that database directors needs to practice of their day-by-day paintings.
Read Online or Download Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs (Recipes: a Problem-Solution Approach) PDF
Similar oracle books
This can be a marvelous publication, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated adequate for these with no a lot event, but additionally presents sufficient element in case you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and getting rid of idle redundancy in the course of the company. in spite of the fact that, there isn't any magic set of most sensible practices or challenging and quick principles that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real activity of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so as to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of the whole lot you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of shielding your corporations most important information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may well fail.
- Lose that information and also you will be out of a job.
Scared? you need to be. yet theres support. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking benefit of all that RMAN has to supply via supplying easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your small business data
- presents ready-made and step by step suggestions to uncomplicated and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while via offering example-based recommendations, no longer unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step ideas that could assist you backup and recuperate your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you ways to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive aspects corresponding to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage the entire robust positive aspects on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed concepts within this Oracle Press consultant. Written through Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you ways to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle 10g Developing Media Rich Applications
- Oracle Programming: A Primer, Version 7.0
- Oracle SQL Internals Handbook
- Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer 11g Handbook
- Oracle pocket reference
Additional resources for Linux Recipes for Oracle DBAs (Recipes: a Problem-Solution Approach)
After you’ve edited the command, press the Enter or Return key to have it executed. How It Works Your command history is a stored sequential list of all the commands you have previously entered. You can use any of the techniques described in the “Solution” section of this recipe to view and manipulate previously entered commands. fm Page 25 Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:40 PM C HA PTER 2 ■ 2-2. bash_history. If your current working directory is your home directory, then you can view the contents of this file with a utility such as cat.
Setting the Command Editor You can use the set -o command to make your command-line editor be either vi or emacs. This example sets the command-line editor to be vi: $ set -o vi Now when you press Esc+K (press the Esc key and K key at the same time), you are placed in a mode where you can use vi commands to search through the stack of previously entered commands. For example, if you want to scroll up the command stack, you can use the K key, and similarly, you can scroll down using the J key. When in this mode, you can use the slash (/) key and then type a string to be searched for in the entire command stack.
Help: Show help. apropos: Display manual page documentation. info: List extensive documentation. Tab key: Show available commands. Each of the help methods in the previous list will be described in the following subsections. Reading Manual Pages The man (manual) page for a command displays online documentation for almost every shell command. The following command displays information about man: $ man man Here’s a partial listing of the output: NAME man - format and display the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS man [-acdfFhkKtwW] [--path] [-m system] [-p string] [-C config_file] [-M pathlist] [-P pager] [-S section_list] [section] name ...