By David Gallardo
Java Database improvement with Oracle is a hands-on booklet for Java builders who are looking to find out how use Oracle and combine it with their Java functions. It assumes an intermediate wisdom of Java and no wisdom of Oracle. This booklet is segmented into 3 components. half One starts off through investigating how and why databases relate to object-oriented programming with Java. Introductory chapters at the Oracle database, SQL and different Oracle positive factors, together with its object-relational aid, lay the basis for the chapters that persist with. half offers thorough insurance of the basic Java applied sciences for database programming, with chapters on SQLJ, JDBC and JDO (Java info Objects). half 3 takes a higher-level view of program structure and considers the position of Oracle in company purposes, really in regards to EJB (Enterprise Java Beans) and the J2EE framework.
Read or Download Java Oracle Database Development PDF
Best oracle books
It is a great booklet, transparent and well-written. it is easy sufficient for these with out a lot event, but additionally offers sufficient element if you happen to don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy in the course of the company. besides the fact that, there isn't any magic set of most sensible practices or demanding and speedy principles that DBAs have to stick with, and this may make lifestyles tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator could be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so that it will recuperate your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every thing you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your companies most crucial facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization might fail.
- Lose that info and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking benefit of all that RMAN has to provide by way of offering easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your enterprise data
- offers ready-made and step by step options to basic and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by means of offering example-based ideas, now not unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This publication will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step recommendations that may assist you backup and recuperate your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive factors equivalent to the information restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage all the robust gains to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed innovations within this Oracle Press consultant. Written via Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle9i RAC: Oracle Real Application Clusters Configuration and Internals (Oracle In-Focus series)
- Java Programming with Oracle SQLJ
- Professional Oracle 8i Application Programming with Java, PL/SQL and XML
- PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA
Extra resources for Java Oracle Database Development
In the first format we do not list the columns that we will be supplying values for. The values must exactly match the type and default order of all the columns in the table. We can find this out with the DESC command. 33 34 This is the result for the CD_COLLECTION table: SQL> DESC CD_COLLECTION Name ---------------------------------CD_ID ALBUM_TITLE ARTIST COUNTRY RELEASE_DATE LABEL Null? NEXTVAL, 'Doolittle', 'Pixies', 'USA', '1-JAN-1989', NULL); You may be wondering whether it is true that all the albums we've entered so far really have a release date of 1 January.
The commands to do this are: • SAVEPOINT savepoint_name Names a point to which we can selectively roll back a transaction. • ROLLBACK TO savepoint_name Rolls back a transaction to previously named SAVEPOINT. 56 57 This is not as generally useful as the basic COMMIT/ROLLBACK arrangement, but it allows creating a more sophisticated scheme for recovering from a partial failure while processing a transaction. For example, suppose that we have an application with a user interface that allows a user to enter the information for a CD.
When this feature is enabled, every SQL statement is automatically committed as it is entered. By default, auto-commit is off in SQL*Plus, so we can manually control a transaction by entering a sequence of SQL statements, then decide at the end whether 55 56 to call COMMIT or ROLLBACK. In other interfaces, we need to be aware of the default and change it if necessary to support transaction processing. In SQLJ, auto-commit is off by default. In JDBC, it is on by default, meaning that each SQL statement we send to the database is committed automatically; this is less efficient and less flexible than auto-commit.