By Hans Schreier
Demonstrates how substitution of quite a few ligands can render albumin a flexible concentrating on software for selective drug accumulation in numerous telephone populations of the liver! Considers the efforts in biotechnology and molecular biology to provide clever drug supply units through exploiting organic pathways! Containing over 1100 references to facilitate extra learn, Drug focusing on know-how updates contemporary development in oral and colonic concentrating on know-how utilizing pH- and enzyme-sensitive coating fabrics and novel polymer structures. Suggesting harnessing organic strategies because the final method of the supply or expression of pharmacologically energetic brokers, Drug focusing on know-how is a top-shelf reference for pharmacists, pharmacologists, and pharmaceutical scientists analytical, floor, actual, and colloid chemists and biochemists and upper-level undergraduate and graduate scholars in those disciplines.
Read or Download Drug Targeting Technology: Physical, Chemical, Biological Methods PDF
Best pharmacy books
The fourth quantity within the six-volume guide of Pharmaceutical production Formulations, this e-book covers semi-solid medications. It comprises formulations of ointments, creams, gels, and suppositories, from publicly on hand yet greatly dispersed info from FDA New Drug functions (NDA), patent purposes, and different resources of regular and proprietary formulations.
Prescribing and drugs administration is without doubt one of the most typical interventions in future health care supply and sooner or later becomes a part of the position of many hundreds of thousands of nurses, pharmacists and different professions allied to drugs (PAMs). self sustaining and Supplementary Prescribing: a vital consultant is the 1st publication of its type and explores a couple of key components for prescribers, together with the moral and felony concerns surrounding prescribing, the psychology and sociology of prescribing, prescribing inside a public well-being context, evidence-based prescribing, prescribing inside of a group context, easy pharmacology, tracking talents and drug calculations.
Whole in three volumes. Pharmaceutical know-how. 14 members.
163 pages, fifty four figures
- Synthetic Polymeric Membranes: Characterization by Atomic Force Microscopy (Springer Laboratory)
- Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology
- A Systematic Review of Rural Development Research: Characteristics, Design Quality and Engagement with Sustainability (SpringerBriefs in Public Health)
- The Top 100 Drugs: Clinical Pharmacology and Practical Prescribing
Additional resources for Drug Targeting Technology: Physical, Chemical, Biological Methods
Despite significant success, however, a number of problems are still awaiting pharmaceutically acceptable and therapeutically useful solutions. First, more reliable in vitro and in vivo tests are necessary. Targeted biodegradation must be improved, as well as the enhancement of colonic absorption. , optimal conditions at the targeting site), the search for microbial activators, and the search for suitable absorption enhancers. Furthermore, all materials used should be ecologically and economically acceptable.
A. Salyers, Bacteroides of the human lower intestinal tract, Ann. Rev. Microbiol. 38:293 (1984). 35. W. E. C. Moore, E. P. Cato, and L. V. Holdeman, Anaerobic bacteria of the gastrointestinal flora and their occurrence in clinical infections, J. Infect. Disease 119:641– 649 (1969). 36. W. D. Keidel, Kurzgefaßtes Lehrbuch der Physiologie, Thieme Verlag, Stuttgart, 1979. 37. O. M. Wrong, A. J. Vince, and J. C. Waterlow, The contribution of endogenous urea to faecal ammonia in man, determined by 15N labelling of plasma urea, Clin.
10. H. Yuasa, Y. Kimura, K. Hamamoto, and J. Watanabe, Evaluation of large intestine as an absorption site for colonic drug delivery, Proceed. Intern. Symp. Control. Rel. Bioact. Mater. 23:547–548 (1996). 11. M. Marvola, H. Aito, P. Pohto, A. Kannikoski, S. Nyka¨nen, and P. Kokkonen, Gastrointestinal transit and concomitant absorption of verapamil from a single-unit sustained-release tablet, Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm. 13:1593–1609 (1987). 12. D. E. Bockman, and M. D. Cooper, Pinocytosis by epithelium associated with lymphoid follicles in the bursa of Fabricius, appendix, and Peyer’s patches, Am.