By Abhinivesh Jain, Niraj Mahajan
Learn how to find recommendations for cloud adoption of your Oracle database panorama. comprehend inner most cloud, public cloud, and hybrid cloud computing so that it will effectively layout and deal with databases within the cloud.
The Cloud DBA-Oracle provides an outline of Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) that you should use in defining your cloud adoption technique. In-depth info of assorted cloud carrier services for Oracle database are given, together with Oracle Cloud and Amazon net companies (AWS). Database management options correct to web hosting databases within the cloud are proven within the e-book in addition to the technical information had to practice all database management initiatives and actions, similar to migration to the cloud, backup within the cloud, and new database setup within the cloud.
You will examine from real-world enterprise situations and sensible examples of management of Oracle database within the cloud, highlighting the demanding situations confronted and options implemented.
What you'll learn:
- Cloud computing techniques from the DBA standpoint, similar to inner most cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud
- Technical information of all facets of cloud database administration
- Challenges confronted in the course of setup of databases in inner most cloud or database migration to public cloud
- Key issues to be saved in brain in the course of database management within the cloud
- Practical examples of profitable Oracle database cloud migration and support
Who is that this ebook For
All degrees of IT pros, from executives liable for selecting database thoughts to database directors and database architects who deal with and layout databases.
Read or Download The Cloud DBA-Oracle : Managing Oracle Database in the Cloud PDF
Best oracle books
It is a excellent publication, transparent and well-written. it is easy sufficient for these with no a lot adventure, but additionally presents adequate element if you don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and taking out idle redundancy during the firm. although, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or not easy and quick ideas that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator might be summed up in a single, crucial ability: so as to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every part you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your companies most crucial information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may possibly fail.
- Lose that facts and also you can be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide by way of supplying easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your corporation data
- offers ready-made and step by step ideas to uncomplicated and complicated backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow by means of offering example-based suggestions, no longer unending examining material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step options that may assist you backup and get better your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you ways to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive factors resembling the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects via writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this booklet for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage all the robust gains on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database laptop utilizing the confirmed thoughts within this Oracle Press consultant. Written by means of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete good thing about this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook
- Oracle Applications DBA Field Guide (Expert's Voice in Oracle)
- OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I Study Guide
- Expert Oracle JDBC Programming
- Optimizing Oracle Performance
Additional info for The Cloud DBA-Oracle : Managing Oracle Database in the Cloud
AWS RDS: inbound rule setting 48 Chapter 3 ■ Provisioning After providing the correct information in the SQL Developer new connection option, as shown in Figure 3-41, you can test your connection to the instance at AWS RDS. Figure 3-41. AWS RDS: connecting to the DB instance using SQL Developer With the successful test, you can now access your DB as any other DB, as shown in Figure 3-42. Figure 3-42. AWS RDS: DB instance query execution, example 1 49 Chapter 3 ■ Provisioning You can even check the instance details and data files or create your own objects, as shown in Figure 3-43.
AWS RDS: DB server options Note that the DB instance identifier must contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens. Otherwise, you can expect the error message shown in Figure 3-32. Figure 3-32. AWS RDS: DB instance name Configuring the Advanced Settings Now you are about to configure the advanced settings, where you can go with default virtual private cloud or let AWS create a new one for you. The public accessibility setting needs to be set to Yes or No, based on the connectivity and access requirements.
Oracle Cloud PaaS offering 26 Chapter 3 ■ Provisioning There are two offerings available. The Database as a Service option will let you create database instances, whereas the Database Schema Service option will let you create a schema to be used as per your requirements. You need to provision a database, so select Database as a Service, as shown in Figure 3-2. Note that Oracle offers a free trial service to help you explore many features without any cost. Figure 3-2. Oracle Cloud Database as a Service offering As the next step, you need to sign up for the subscription of Oracle Cloud services.