By V Alagarsamy
Dr Alagarsamy's Textbook of Medicinal Chemistry is a much-awaited masterpiece in its area. detailed almost always to B. Pharm. scholars, this publication can also be worthy for M. Pharm. in addition to M. Sc. natural chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry scholars. It goals at removing the inadequacies in instructing and studying of medicinal chemistry through supplying huge, immense details on all of the subject matters in medicinal chemistry of artificial drugs.
- Contains transparent class, man made schemes, mode of motion, metabolism, assay, pharmacological makes use of with the dose and structure–activity courting (SAR) of the subsequent sessions of drugs:
- Drugs performing on inflammation
- Drugs performing on respiration system
- Drugs performing on digestive system
- Drugs performing on blood and blood-forming organs
- Drugs performing on endocrine system
- Contains a whole part on chemotherapy and some of the sessions of chemotherapeutic brokers. additionally contains fresh subject matters like anti-HIV agents
- Contains short advent in regards to the physiological and pathophysiological stipulations of illnesses and their remedy lower than each one topic
- Provides well-illustrated artificial schemes and substitute artificial routes for majority of gear that assist in quickly and superior figuring out of the subject
- Covers the syllabi of majority of Indian universities
Read Online or Download Textbook of medicinal chemistry. / Volume II PDF
Best pharmacy books
The fourth quantity within the six-volume instruction manual of Pharmaceutical production Formulations, this publication covers semi-solid medications. It comprises formulations of ointments, creams, gels, and suppositories, from publicly on hand yet greatly dispersed details from FDA New Drug functions (NDA), patent functions, and different resources of prevalent and proprietary formulations.
Prescribing and drugs administration is among the commonest interventions in future health care supply and sooner or later becomes a part of the function of many millions of nurses, pharmacists and different professions allied to medication (PAMs). self reliant and Supplementary Prescribing: a necessary advisor is the 1st booklet of its variety and explores a few key parts for prescribers, together with the moral and criminal matters surrounding prescribing, the psychology and sociology of prescribing, prescribing inside of a public well-being context, evidence-based prescribing, prescribing inside of a group context, simple pharmacology, tracking abilities and drug calculations.
Entire in three volumes. Pharmaceutical expertise. 14 individuals.
163 pages, fifty four figures
- Membrane Electrodes in Drug-Substances Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Equipment Validation: The Ultimate Qualification Guidebook
- Advanced Headache Therapy: Outpatient Strategies
- An Introduction to Statistics in Early Phase Trials
Extra info for Textbook of medicinal chemistry. / Volume II
4. Rocastine CH2CH2N(CH3)2 N O N CH3 S 2-(2-(Dimethylamino)ethyl)-4-methyl-3,4 -dihydro pyrido[3,2-f][1,4]oxazepine-5(2H)-thione Properties and uses: It is a rapid acting, nonsedating H1-antagonist. The R-enantiomer was at least 300 times more potent than S-enantiomer. IV. Inhibition of histamine release (mast cell stabilizer) i. Cromolyn sodium +Na–OOC O O O O CH2CHCH2 OH O COO–Na+ 44 Drugs Acting on InŃammation/Allergy ii. Nedocromil sodium C2H5 NaOOC CH2CH2CH3 N O O O COONa PROBABLE QUESTIONS 1.
What are its biological effects? Mention the different histamine receptors. 2. What are allergens? What is the importance of antihistamines in combating various types of allergic conditions? Mention suitable examples to support your answer. 3. Classify the histamine H1-receptor antagonists. Write the structure, chemical name, and uses of one drug from each category. 4. What are the side effects of classical antihistamines? 5. Outline the synthesis of the following: Diphenhydramine, Chlorpheniramine maleate and Triprolidine.
I. b. Amino alkyl ether analogues i. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Bendylate) H C O H H C C H H CH3 N CH3 2-(Benzhydryloxy)-N,N-dimethylethanamine 18 Drugs Acting on InŃammation/Allergy Synthesis H C CH2 Br + Br2 / Light HO H H C C H H CH3 N CH3 K 2CO3 Diphenylmethane H C O H H C C H H CH3 N CH3 Diphenhydramine Properties and uses: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride is a white crystalline powder, soluble in water and in alcohol. In addition, to antihistaminic activity, diphenhydramine exhibits antiemetic, antitussive, and sedative properties.