By Jonathan Gennick
Aid for normal expressions in SQL and PL/SQL is likely one of the most enjoyable positive aspects of Oracle Database 10G. Oracle has lengthy supported the ANSI-standard LIKE predicate for rudimentary trend matching, yet general expressions take development matching to a brand new point. they supply a strong solution to decide on facts that fits a trend, in addition to to govern, rearrange, and alter that facts. This concise pocket advisor is a component educational and half quick-reference. it is compatible when you have by no means used normal expressions earlier than, in addition to those that have adventure with Perl and different languages assisting ordinary expressions. The booklet describes Oracle Database 10G's help for normal expressions, together with globalization aid and modifications among Perl's syntax and the POSIX syntax supported via Oracle 10G. It additionally presents a entire reference, together with examples, to all supported ordinary expression operators, capabilities, and blunder messages. O'Reilly's Pocket References became a favourite between builders and database directors all over the place. via supplying a wealth of vital info in a concise, well-organized layout, those convenient books bring simply what you must whole the duty to hand. even if you are utilizing standard expressions for the 1st time or utilising your talents from different languages to the most recent model of Oracle, the Oracle typical Expressions Pocket Reference is the ebook to have nearby.
Read Online or Download Oracle regular expressions: pocket reference PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a exceptional ebook, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated adequate for these with out a lot adventure, but additionally presents sufficient aspect if you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
This present day DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and getting rid of idle redundancy in the course of the company. even if, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or challenging and quickly principles that DBAs have to keep on with, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator will be summed up in a single, crucial ability: for you to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of the whole lot you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your firms most crucial information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may well fail.
- Lose that info and also you can be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking benefit of all that RMAN has to provide by means of supplying easy-to-understand options to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your enterprise data
- offers ready-made and step by step ideas to uncomplicated and intricate backup, fix, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while through delivering example-based strategies, no longer unending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step suggestions which may assist you backup and get better your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you ways to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g good points similar to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this booklet for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage all the strong positive factors to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed concepts within this Oracle Press consultant. Written by means of Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle XSQL: Combining SQL, Oracle Text, XSLT, and Java to Publish Dynamic Web Content
- Beginning Oracle Application Express (Wrox Programmer to Programmer) New Edition by Greenwald, Rick published by John Wiley & Sons (2008)
- OCP: Oracle 10g New Features for Administrators Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-040 (Certification Study Guide)
- OCA: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate Study Guide: Exams1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052
- Beginning Oracle Programming
Additional info for Oracle regular expressions: pocket reference
To allow a quantifier to be applied to the subexpression as a whole. The regular expression in the following example uses parentheses twice. The innermost set constrains the alternation to the three fruit names. The outermost set defines a subexpression in the form of fruit name + space, which we require to appear from 1 to 3 times in the text. 8, for more examples showing the use of parentheses in regular expressions. 9 Oracle Regular Expression Functions Oracle's regular expression support, which we introduced earlier in the book, manifests itself in the form of four functions, which are described in this section.
Carefully check each subexpression to be sure you include both opening and closing parentheses. Check to see whether you've correctly escaped parentheses that do not enclose subexpressions, and make sure you haven't inadvertently escaped a parentheses that should open or close a subexpression. ORA-12726: unmatched bracket in regular expression You have mismatched square brackets in your expression. Apply the advice we give for ORA-12725, but this time look at your use of square brackets. Also, while an expression such as '[a' will cause this error, an expression such as 'a]' will not, because a closing (right) bracket is treated as a regular character unless it is preceded by an opening (left) bracket.
While the pattern shown in this section is an interesting way to rid yourself of doubled words, it may or may not yield correct sentences. 6 for a more comprehensive explanation of backreferences. REGEXP_SUBSTR Extracts text matching a pattern 39 40 REGEXP_SUBSTR scans a string for text matching a regular expression, and then returns that text as its result. If no text is found, NULL is returned. Syntax REGEXP_SUBSTR(source_string, pattern [, position [, occurrence [, match_parameter]]] All parameters but the first two are optional.