By Kellyn Pot'Vin, Seth Miller, Visit Amazon's Ray Smith Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Ray Smith,
Oracle firm supervisor 12c Command-Line Interface exhibits the best way to use firm Manager's robust scripting language to automate your database management paintings and shop time by way of scripting regimen initiatives, after which executing these scripts throughout collections of databases and circumstances on your setting. This booklet is chock choked with ready-made scripting examples contributed through the authors and major participants of the neighborhood. The firm supervisor Command Line Interface (EM CLI) is the administrator's key to unlocking the ability of company supervisor 12c (EM12c) with scalability, repeatability, and self belief. In past models, so much directors ventured into the command-line interface in simple terms with the help of Oracle help. yet now there are various positive aspects in EM12c which are available simply from the command-line. this is often faraway from a drawback! company supervisor is now a strong software for automation within the fingers of a talented database administrator.
Read Online or Download Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Command-Line Interface PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a very good ebook, transparent and well-written. it truly is basic adequate for these with out a lot event, but additionally presents sufficient element if you happen to don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to installation and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and getting rid of idle redundancy through the firm. besides the fact that, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or not easy and quickly ideas that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make existence tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: which will get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of the whole lot you're chargeable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your businesses most important info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that facts and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you have to be. yet theres support. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply by means of offering easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard what you are promoting data
- offers ready-made and step by step ideas to uncomplicated and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow by way of supplying example-based suggestions, no longer unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This booklet will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step strategies that could assist you backup and get better your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you ways to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive aspects comparable to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage the entire strong good points on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database laptop utilizing the confirmed strategies inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written by means of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you ways to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g R1 Cookbook
- Oracle Database Reference, 10g Release 2 (10.2) b14237
- Oracle Weblogic Server 11gR1 PS2: Administration Essentials
- OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-053
- Oracle SQL: the Essential Reference
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration for Oracle DBAs (Database & ERP - OMG)
Extra resources for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Command-Line Interface
Let’s first look at an example of removing an individual target. Let’s say that database bertha was finally retired, and so was the related listener LSNRBERTHA. 1 Find Exact Target Names The console derives target names and target types from session information, so target deletion within the console is sure to use the exact name and target type for both of these targets. To find those values, we’ll use the get_targets verb and a simple grep to distinguish the targets we’re interested in. com Delete the Target The database and listener both belong to the database system bertha_sys, so all three can be deleted with one command: > emcli delete_target –type = "oracle_db_sys" –name="bertha_sys" –delete_members Target "bertha_sys:oracle_dbsys" deleted successfully There are several target types in your environment.
The following dir parameter in the EM CLI setup command is using shell expansion to indicate that the installation directory is the current working directory: [oracle ~]$ emcli -url=https://
The labels of each target type are fixed, and each target is associated with one and only one target type. info Chapter 4 ■ Working at the Command Line You can also delete individual members, like this: > emcli delete_target –type = "oracle_listener" –name="LSNRBERTHA" Target "LSNRBERTHA:oracle_listener" deleted successfully How to Remove an Enterprise Manager Agent with One Command Removing an EM agent from Enterprise Manager requires removal of all the targets managed by that agent and all of their metrics.