By Joseph B. Greene
The Oracle DBA Survival consultant will flip a mediocre administrator into an efficient, expert administrator accountable for a well-tuned RDBMS. With its entire assurance of the actual parts of our surroundings, in addition to the management, tuning, optimization, and upkeep of the structures, this can be the one publication an Oracle DBA will ever desire.
Read Online or Download Oracle Dba Survival Guide PDF
Best oracle books
It is a marvelous ebook, transparent and well-written. it is basic adequate for these with out a lot adventure, but additionally offers adequate element if you happen to don't desire coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and doing away with idle redundancy through the company. besides the fact that, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or difficult and speedy ideas that DBAs have to keep on with, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real task of an Oracle database administrator should be summed up in a single, crucial ability: that allows you to get better your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every thing you're accountable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the information itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your corporations most important facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may well fail.
- Lose that facts and also you may be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres aid. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking benefit of all that RMAN has to provide via offering easy-to-understand ideas to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- presents ready-made and step by step strategies to uncomplicated and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you can find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while through supplying example-based strategies, no longer never-ending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of idea. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step strategies which can assist you backup and get well your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you the way to
- Reliably again up and get better your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive aspects akin to the information restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a regulate dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors answerable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage the entire robust beneficial properties to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database desktop utilizing the confirmed strategies inside of this Oracle Press consultant. Written by way of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you the way to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- The Phi function, Edition: version 13 Nov 2003
- Processing XML documents with Oracle JDeveloper 11g
- Applying and Extending Oracle Spatial
- Oracle Database Reference, 10g Release 2 (10.2) b14237
- Oracle Text Reference (Part No A90121-01) (Release 9 0 1)
- Oracle Business Intelligence and Essbase Solutions Guide
Extra info for Oracle Dba Survival Guide
2). One of the first things that needs to be hammered out is whether the full-time DBA is responsible for operational systems, development support or both. It is important if you support both types of systems to have a firm agreement as to the relative priorities of the two. In most shops, operational problems take precedence over everything imaginable. It is usually the routine work that takes some juggling to balance. 2. Tasks that the full-time DBA needs to juggle. 19 Problems Monitoring User Guidance Backups Future Planning User Admin Product Review 2 System Admin Ops Install/ Config Development Warning Any system large enough for a full-time DBA that has both development and production responsibilities should have separate database instances for these functions.
I had very little experience with Oracle at the time, but needed to reconfigure the system to support growth. After work, my backup DBA and I sat down and gave it our best shot based on a plan that I had written up after reviewing the Oracle documentation. 95 CH02 2 Lp2 34 P ART I ◆ T HE JOB OF THE O RACLE DBA twice. You may ask how I could fry a database twice. The answer is simple, I followed the recommendations of so many books and made a complete backup of the database before I started monkeying with the system.
I fried it twice, but was able to recover it each time thanks to my backup (the third time I got it right). You may never have to do serious surgery on an instance until after you are a seasoned DBA. You may never make a mistake that causes you to lose data. Perhaps only kryptonite can harm you. However, you have to acknowledge the possibility that a disk drive will fail on you. Fortunately, Oracle has a strong system of backups built into it. There are two important points to make, though. First, Oracle gives you several backup options and you have to choose between them.