By Paul Jackson, Elke Phelps
Dministrators and executives in addition to extra complex clients will locate lots of difficult proof for administering Oracle functions in a piece setting, however it
Read or Download Oracle Applications DBA Field Guide (Expert PDF
Similar oracle books
It is a outstanding booklet, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated adequate for these with out a lot adventure, but additionally presents sufficient element in the event you don't want coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and casting off idle redundancy during the company. in spite of the fact that, there isn't any magic set of top practices or not easy and speedy principles that DBAs have to stick with, and this may make lifestyles tricky.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator should be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with a purpose to get better your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're liable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the information itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your companies most crucial info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization may fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply by way of delivering easy-to-understand recommendations to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- offers ready-made and step by step recommendations to easy and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so that you can uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow via delivering example-based suggestions, now not unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This publication will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step strategies which may assist you backup and recuperate your facts with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive factors comparable to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects through writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this booklet for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage all the robust beneficial properties to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed strategies within this Oracle Press consultant. Written via Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you the way to take complete benefit of this entire, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle Service Bus 11g development cookbook : over 80 practical recipes to develop service and message-oriented solutions on the Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle 10g Data Warehousing
- JRuby Rails Web Application Development
- Oracle SQL Tuning Pocket Reference
- Oracle CRM On Demand Administration Essentials
Additional info for Oracle Applications DBA Field Guide (Expert
This chapter will discuss key aspects of configuring the application and the tools used to do so. This chapter assumes that you have already enabled AD Configuration, also known as autoconfig, for your environment, and provides tips for using it once it is configured. 1. This chapter will cover the following topics: • Application context file: This file contains settings that apply to the whole Oracle E-Business Suite. We will look at how to define, locate, build, and maintain the application context file, and at a recommended method for port numbering for ease of application administration.
OAM screen for adding custom parameters Web Node Configuration Although most of the configuration is handled by the AD Configuration utility, it is important to be aware of the key configuration files for the Web Node. Sometimes it is necessary to change log levels and debug levels in these configuration files during troubleshooting. The primary configuration files for web configuration are located in the $APACHE_TOP/Apache/conf and $APACHE_TOP/Jserv/etc directories. Additional configuration files are located under other subdirectories of $APACHE_TOP.
The other important related topic is the Report Review Agent that is used by the application to view these output and log files. Advanced configuration related to Parallel Concurrent Processing is out of scope for this guide. Basic Configuration The basic configuration parameters for the Concurrent Processing Node are found in the applications environment file, and the script that starts the Concurrent Manager processes references these environment variables. env file are listed in Table 2-10. qxd 28 3/6/06 4:54 PM Page 28 CHAPTER 2 ■ CONFIGURATION Table 2-10.