By Larry Guros; Lynne Dunckley
Read or Download Oracle 10g developing media rich applications PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a impressive publication, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated sufficient for these with no a lot adventure, but in addition offers sufficient element should you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy during the firm. besides the fact that, there is not any magic set of top practices or challenging and quickly ideas that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine task of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: on the way to get better your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every thing you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your agencies most important information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that info and your organization might fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking benefit of all that RMAN has to provide by way of supplying easy-to-understand options to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- presents ready-made and step by step recommendations to easy and complicated backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by means of offering example-based strategies, no longer unending analyzing material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step recommendations that could assist you backup and recuperate your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda exhibit you ways to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g beneficial properties similar to the information restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects via writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this publication for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage the entire robust good points on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database laptop utilizing the confirmed suggestions inside of this Oracle Press consultant. Written through Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Beginning Oracle Application express
- RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 12c: A Problem-Solution Approach (Expert's Voice in Oracle)
- Oracle Database 12c Security
- WS-BPEL 2.0 for SOA Composite Applications with Oracle SOA Suite 11g
- Expert Oracle Database Architecture Oracle Database Programming 9i, 10g, & 11g Techniques & Solutions 2ND EDITION [PB,2010]
Extra resources for Oracle 10g developing media rich applications
Both Packbits and JPEG-compressed PICT images are supported. The MIME type is image/pict. The portable network graphics (PNG) format was the result of an industry-based working group who was seeking an alternative to GIF that would not be bound by patents. It is aimed at the transmission of computer graphics images but improves GIF, including better support for color, transparency, and interlacing. This combines the sharpness of GIF with the subtle color reproduction of JPEG with lossless compression of natural images.
The application provides the metadata as a schema-based XML document. Then interMedia processes the XML document and writes the metadata into the image file. 7. 7). org/metadata/dublin_core): online libraries. 9 What Is Metadata? 45 Resource Description Framework (RDF): Web documents. Resource Description Framework (RDF) The World Wide Web Consortium is developing a standard, the Resource Description Framework (RDF) for metadata. RDF allows multiple metadata schemes to be read by humans as well as parsed by machines.
This will also benefit the content consumer in providing them with access to a large variety of content in an interoperable manner. MPEG-21 is based on two essential concepts: the definition of a fundamental unit of distribution and transaction (the digital item) and the concept of users interacting with digital items. ” The goal of MPEG-21 can be rephrased as defining the technology needed to support users to exchange, access, consume, trade, and otherwise manipulate digital items in an efficient, transparent, and interoperable way.