By Steve Ries
This ebook is filled with genuine note examples. every one significant certification subject is roofed in a separate bankruptcy, which is helping to make knowing of ideas more straightforward. on the finish of every bankruptcy, you will discover numerous perform inquiries to enhance and try your studying. you'll get a consider for the particular SQL basics I examination via fixing perform papers modeled on it. This e-book is for a person who wishes the fundamental abilities to cross the Oracle Database SQL basics I examination and use these abilities in way of life as an SQL developer or database administrator.
Read Online or Download OCA Oracle database 11g : SQL fundamentals I : a real world certification guide PDF
Best oracle books
It is a amazing publication, transparent and well-written. it truly is basic sufficient for these with no a lot adventure, but in addition presents adequate element when you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
This present day DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and casting off idle redundancy through the company. despite the fact that, there is not any magic set of top practices or challenging and quickly ideas that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real task of an Oracle database administrator might be summed up in a single, crucial ability: in an effort to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of all the pieces you're liable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of shielding your companies most crucial information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that facts and also you might be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the ability of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to supply via supplying easy-to-understand strategies to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your small business data
- offers ready-made and step by step recommendations to uncomplicated and intricate backup, repair, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you can uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by way of supplying example-based options, now not unending studying material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of idea. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step strategies which could assist you backup and get better your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you ways to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive factors corresponding to the information restoration Advisor.
- enable Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects via writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this ebook for?
Oracle database directors liable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata services Leverage all the robust beneficial properties to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computer utilizing the confirmed innovations within this Oracle Press consultant. Written through Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you the way to take complete good thing about this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- OCA Oracle Database 11g Administration I Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-052)
- RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g: A Problem-Solution Approach (Expert's Voice in Oracle), 1st Edition
- Oracle Apex Cookbook (2nd Edition)
- Oracle APEX Best Practices
- Oracle Text Reference (Part No A90121-01) (Release 9 0 1)
Additional info for OCA Oracle database 11g : SQL fundamentals I : a real world certification guide
Com/technology and view the documentation for it. Summary In this chapter, we've gone from the early days of databases to the relational databases that are so prolific today. We've explored the concept of normalization and how it's applied to the relational paradigm. We've looked at tables and how they are structured and introduced the Structured Query Language for relational databases. We've also examined some of the popular SQL tools and created the tables needed for the Companylink database.
MySQL, on the other hand, uses a keyword, CONCAT. Additionally, RDBMS software manufacturers often add functionalities to their own SQL implementations. In Oracle version 10g, a new type of syntax was included to join data from two or more tables that differs significantly from the ANSI standard. Oracle does, however, still support the ANSI standard as well. SQL in the real world Although the SQL implementations of the major RDBMS products differ, they all conform to the basic ANSI standard. That means if you learn how SQL is used in one database product, such as Oracle, much of your acquired knowledge should transfer easily to other database products.
This statement, using *, would retrieve the same columns and in the same order as if we selected each of the columns individually, as shown in the following screenshot: [ 47 ] SQL SELECT Statements While either method achieves the same goal, remember that using * will only retrieve columns in the order that they exist in, in the table. Should you need to display all columns in a different order, it is necessary to select each column in the table by name. SQL in the real world In some IT shops, the coding standards of a particular group may preclude the use of * in SQL statements, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.