By Chip Dawes
Sybex, the major writer of Oracle Certification learn publications, deals this new, accomplished examine instrument for applicants getting ready for the Oracle Workshop I examination. Loaded with the educational instruments that earned Sybex the identify of "Best examine courses" within the CertCities.com 2003 and 2002 Readers' selection Awards, this definitive source prepares you for the examination required for Oracle 10g qualified affiliate (OCA) and Oracle qualified expert (OCP) designations. The CD comprises complicated checking out engine with hundreds and hundreds of pattern examination questions, digital flashcards, besides the full ebook in PDF.
Read or Download OCA: Oracle 10g administration I study guide 1Z0-042 PDF
Similar oracle books
This can be a extraordinary e-book, transparent and well-written. it truly is uncomplicated adequate for these with out a lot adventure, but additionally offers sufficient element in the event you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber carrier and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy through the company. besides the fact that, there isn't any magic set of top practices or demanding and quickly principles that DBAs have to stick to, and this may make lifestyles tough.
It’s occasionally acknowledged that the real task of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with a view to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of every little thing you're chargeable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of shielding your organisations most important info falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may possibly fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide by way of delivering easy-to-understand suggestions to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your corporation data
- offers ready-made and step by step recommendations to easy and complicated backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so that you can find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time by means of delivering example-based suggestions, no longer never-ending analyzing material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This publication will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step ideas which could assist you backup and recuperate your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g good points reminiscent of the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors chargeable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata functions Leverage all the strong good points to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database computing device utilizing the confirmed thoughts within this Oracle Press advisor. Written by way of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- OCP: Oracle8i DBA Architecture & Administration and Backup & Recovery Study Guide
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, The Complete Reference (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)
- Oracle DBA pocket guide, Edition: 1st ed
- Oracle SNMP. Support Reference Guide (Part No. A88768-01) (Release 9.0.1)
- Oracle Inequalities in Empirical Risk Minimization and Sparse Recovery Problems: École d'Été de Probabilités de Saint-Flour XXXVIII-2008
- Oracle Database 10g Database Administrator OCP Certification Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the Oracle Database 10g Database ... on Your First Try Certification Study Guide
Extra info for OCA: Oracle 10g administration I study guide 1Z0-042
Database profiles B. Data encryption C. Checksumming D. Biometrics option 13. You have just issued the command lsnrctl stop LISTENER. Which of the following statements are not true? ) A. New connections to the default listener will not succeed. B. Existing client connections will not be affected. C. Only new dedicated connections will fail D. Existing shared server connections will be dropped. 14. You issue the following command from the database server: sqlplus scott/tiger and receive the following error message: ORA-01034: Oracle not available.
JAVA B. SCHEMA C. TABLE D. TABLESPACE 25. After updating a table, what must you execute to make the changes permanent? A. COMMIT B. SAVEPOINT C. Nothing. When the updates complete, the changes are permanent. D. SAVE WORK 26. When a table is updated, where is the before-image information (which can be used for undoing the changes) stored? A. Temporary segment B. Redo log buffer C. Undo buffer D. Undo segment 27. Which of the following will not implicitly begin a transaction? A. INSERT B. UPDATE C.
5 Accessing a database using SQL*Plus Relational Database Concepts 21 When a SQL statement ends with a forward slash (/), the forward slash should be alone on the last line of the statement. The SQL examples in this book use mixed case to differentiate SQL reserved words from table and column names. However, SQL is not case sensitive, and you can type commands in upper, lower, or mixed case with the same results. Another useful command that you can use in SQL*Plus is DESCRIBE. The DESCRIBE command is not a standard SQL command, but an Oracle-specific SQL*Plus command.