By David Gallardo
Read or Download Java Oracle Database Development PDF
Best oracle books
This can be a impressive booklet, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated sufficient for these with out a lot event, but in addition presents adequate aspect if you don't desire coddling. .. certainly, definitely worth the $.
This day DBAs are anticipated to install and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and removing idle redundancy during the company. even though, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or not easy and quick principles that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the real activity of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with a purpose to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of all the pieces you're chargeable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the knowledge itself. love it or no longer, the fearsome accountability of defending your firms most crucial information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that facts and your organization may perhaps fail.
- Lose that info and also you can be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this booklet to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration software of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you're taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide by way of delivering easy-to-understand recommendations to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- offers ready-made and step by step strategies to basic and complicated backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless that you should uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects some time via delivering example-based options, no longer unending analyzing material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of thought. This publication will get correct to the purpose with quickly and easy-to-read, step by step suggestions that may assist you backup and get well your information with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you ways to
- Reliably again up and get well your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g gains equivalent to the information restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by way of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this booklet for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage the entire robust good points on hand within the Oracle Exadata Database desktop utilizing the confirmed thoughts inside of this Oracle Press consultant. Written by way of Oracle specialists, attaining severe functionality with Oracle Exadata indicates you the way to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Java Programming with Oracle JDBC
- Oracle Database 11g – Underground Advice for Database Administrators
- DBA's Guide to Databases Under Linux
- Developing Web Applications with Oracle ADF Essentials
Extra resources for Java Oracle Database Development
Which is meant is determined by context. =). The last set of operators may be unfamiliar. BETWEEN…AND and IN are a kind of wordy shorthand for comparisons that you can also perform using the other operators. BETWEEN…AND is used to compare a value with a range. IN is used to find whether a value is a member of a set of values. The next two, IS NULL and IS NOT NULL, are necessary to test specifically for the presence or absence of a NULL value. They are necessary because when NULL is compared with other values, the result is neither TRUE nor FALSE, but NULL.
The next two, IS NULL and IS NOT NULL, are necessary to test specifically for the presence or absence of a NULL value. They are necessary because when NULL is compared with other values, the result is neither TRUE nor FALSE, but NULL. Because NULL represents an unknown value, the result of a comparison remains unknown, as well. This is true even (or maybe especially) if both values being compared are NULL. It may seem counterintuitive, but the condition NULL=NULL is neither TRUE nor FALSE, it is NULL.
Here, they are categorized according to their first parameter. A few functions do not take any parameters and are categorized as miscellaneous. Because Oracle has a very large number of functions, only a few common ones will be briefly covered. Refer to the Oracle SQL Reference for a complete list. Numeric Functions All numeric functions take one or more numeric values and return a numeric value. These typically perform mathematical operations, such as rounding, calculating the square root, raising to a power, etc.