By Pete Finnigan, Alex Gorbachev, Randolf Geist, Visit Amazon's Tim Gorman Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Tim Gorman, , Connie Green, Charles Hooper, Jonathan Lewis, Niall Litchfield, Visit Amazon's Karen Morton Page, search results, Learn
This e-book is an anthology of potent database administration thoughts representing the collective knowledge of the OakTable community. With an emphasis upon performance―but additionally branching into safety, nationwide language, and different issues―the publication is helping you convey the main price to your company’s funding in Oracle Database applied sciences. You’ll learn how to successfully plan for and display screen functionality, to troubleshoot systematically while issues get it wrong, and to regulate your database instead of letting it deal with you.
Read or Download Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the PDF
Best oracle books
It is a really good publication, transparent and well-written. it really is uncomplicated adequate for these with no a lot adventure, but in addition offers sufficient aspect in the event you don't want coddling. .. certainly, well worth the $.
At the present time DBAs are anticipated to set up and deal with huge databases with caliber provider and little to no downtime. The DBA’s major concentration is on expanding productiveness and putting off idle redundancy during the firm. even though, there's no magic set of most sensible practices or challenging and quickly principles that DBAs have to persist with, and this may make existence tough.
It’s occasionally stated that the genuine activity of an Oracle database administrator may be summed up in a single, crucial ability: on the way to recuperate your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of everything you're liable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra very important than the information itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your organisations most crucial information falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may fail.
- Lose that information and also you should be out of a job.
Scared? you need to be. yet theres aid. you're not by myself. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this e-book to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that's Oracles backup and restoration device of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking benefit of all that RMAN has to supply via delivering easy-to-understand suggestions to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this useful guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your small business data
- offers ready-made and step by step recommendations to easy and complicated backup, fix, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might find the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects a while by way of offering example-based options, no longer never-ending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of concept. This ebook will get correct to the purpose with speedy and easy-to-read, step by step ideas which may assist you backup and recuperate your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda convey you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g positive aspects comparable to the knowledge restoration Advisor.
- allow Oracle Database deal with your backup records through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration projects by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to regulate your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep an eye on dossier, lack of a web redo log, and different (hopefully! ) strange situations.
Who is that this e-book for?
Oracle database directors chargeable for database backup and restoration operations.
Maximize Oracle Exadata features Leverage the entire strong positive aspects to be had within the Oracle Exadata Database desktop utilizing the confirmed ideas inside of this Oracle Press advisor. Written via Oracle specialists, reaching severe functionality with Oracle Exadata exhibits you ways to take complete benefit of this whole, optimized package deal of software program, servers, and garage.
- Oracle Database Reference, 10g Release 2 (10.2) b14237
- Pro Oracle Database 11g Administration
- Oracle CRM On Demand 2012 Administration Essentials
- Java Programming with Oracle JDBC
- Oracle Data Mining - Administrator's Guide, 10g Release 2
Extra info for Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the
If you’ve caught yourself smiling reading these lines, you know what I’m talking about. For the rest of you, be very careful with the strategy of buying time. It might backfire—I warned you! Efficiency vs. Effectiveness One good strategy to fight a demand for immediate action is to distinguish between efficiency and effectiveness. Efficiency is all about the process; it means to act so that you save time, money, and effort. Effectiveness is all about the result—how well the job gets done, and the quality of the output.
These days more and more books are published, so readers need to do a bit of research to make sure a particular book is a reliable source of high-quality information. Be careful to base your decisions on the quality rather than the number of books published; quantity doesn’t automatically translate into quality. • The Internet has made it possible to access thousands of articles that people share via blogs, forums, email lists, and other social networks. Just as with books, but to the greater extent, be careful not to trust blindly everything written on the Internet.
Perhaps the root cause is inefficient SQL that needs fixing. Or perhaps we require a heavy redesign of the data model to make that SQL scalable. How do we choose what areas to improve without taking a guess? The answer is in the requirements— never lose sight of the business requirements. In this case, our requirement is to handle the current peak number of online orders. We might also have a requirement to be capable of handling three times the current order rate in one year as our business keeps growing.