By Danny Proulx
Build your individual kitchen cabinets!
You don't want a showroom jam-packed with gear or services in calculus to construct your personal kitchen cupboards. in reality, Danny Proulx's concise, easy-to-follow directions show you how to create tremendous kitchens with quite a few energy tools—a desk observed, round observed, router and drill.
Completely revised and up to date, Build your personal Kitchen cupboards, moment Edition, offers start-to-finish guidance for crafting top and reduce cupboards, plus functional details on kitchen layout, fabric choice and gear shortcuts.
Proulx's guideline is sensible, effortless to appreciate and time-tested, sophisticated in his personal store, and taught by means of him in numerous seminars and workshops. you are going to easy methods to plan, layout, build and set up your individual entire hand-crafted kitchen, from basic cupboards and over-the-sink cabinets to lazy-Susan shelving, stemware, garage and more:
- Combine the great thing about conventional face-frame cabinetry with the power and straightforwardness of ecu cabinetry and hardware
- Build drawers, pull-outs and flip-outs to maximise garage space
- Use eu hinges, adjustable legs and different really good to take the guesswork out of development and installation
- Use uncomplicated butt joints to construct robust cupboards quickly
- Customize your cupboards' appears with various door kinds, counter tops and finishes
Page after web page, Danny Proulx proves so that you can construct your personal attractive kitchen cabinets.
Read or Download Build your own kitchen cabinets PDF
Similar woodworking books
The Southwestern element of this enjoyable development ebook incorporates a gecko welcome peg rack, adobe bookends, cactus shelf, coyote swap plate disguise, and extra.
Discovering a chippie who does caliber work—at an inexpensive cost and in a well timed fashion—can be a true problem. For little jobs you could spend extra time looking for a chippie than you'll doing the activity your self, for those who in basic terms had a few easy instruments and carpentry abilities. through the years, the facility to deal with small carpentry jobs can prevent loads of funds.
* * INSCRIBED AND SIGNED via the writer ON name web page * * delicate hide with plastic comb binding, illustrated with b/w images and drawings, a hundred pages. third revision. hide has mild put on to edges - usually to assistance of corners and evenly dirty. textual content is unmarked. photos on hand. USPS affirmation used on all U.
- Relief Carving Workshop: Techniques, Projects & Patterns for the Beginner
- Profitable Woodworking: Turning Your Hobby into a Profession
- WOOD Magazine (May 2013)
- Workbenches: From Design And Theory To Construction And Use (Popular Woodworking)
Additional info for Build your own kitchen cabinets
Cut as illustrated to build the face frame for this cabinet. 31 3/4"-high stiles E 5/8" (3/4") 10 5/8" (10 1/2") • The inside stile is not flush with the inside surface of the gable end. European hidden hinges with face-frame mounting plates are used. • One 14 9/16"-wide by 30 1/2"-high door is required for this cabinet. 31"-high side A • A 18"-diameter lazy Susan is suggested. 13 9/16" 31"-high back D Rail F (2) 31 3/4"-high stiles E 23 3/8" (23 5/8") Top and bottom B 22 1/8" x 22 1/8" (before angle cut) 31"-high side A 10 5/8" (10 1/2") 22 1/2° 31"-high back C 22 3/4" (22 7/8") 5/8" (3/4") 1" 5/8" (3/4") 3/4" 22 1/2° angle cut on each stile 22 1/2° shop tip * 3/4"-thick material dimensions in parentheses Use a combination square set at half the thickness of the boards you are using to mark a screw-hole line as a guide for accurate drilling.
Cut the horizontal shelves to the width you require for a microwave, built-in oven or any other special application. If you keep the general principle of face-frame height at 3⁄4" longer than the cabinet sides, you can easily design and construct any tall cabinet. 57 70626 I KITCHEN pg58-67 New 58 9/3/08 2:26 PM Page 58 70626 I KITCHEN pg58-67 New 9/3/08 2:26 PM Page 59 chapter six SPECIAL TRIM, ACCESSORIES AND CUSTOM CABINETS Apply 1⁄4" veneer-covered plywood with Base and upper cabinets that are at the end of a run, and open to view on one side, must be finished so the melamine PB sides can’t be seen.
They are primarily used as a cutlery center and are often located near the sink, stove or dishwasher. The cabinet is nothing more than a standard base unit fitted with extra rails to hide the gaps between the drawers. As shown in the drawing on the next page, there are spacing and rail position considerations so that the 301 ⁄ 2" overall door, drawer/door or multiple-drawer height is maintained. Construct the face frame using the dimensions as shown in the drawing on the next page. The five rails will divide the face frame into four drawer openings.