By David C. Dale
It is a handy new assessment booklet, which includes approximately a thousand case-based difficulties. no matter if you are learning for the board, recertifying, or simply searching for a handy method to be sure your patient-care abilities remain sharp, this inner drugs self review device makes evaluate effortless and enjoyable.
• finished. an intensive library of questions covers all of grownup inner medication, plus Psychiatry, Neurology, Dermatology, and extra. And, all of the 981 questions offers more often than not encountered instances, diagnostic and healing strategies, and in-depth reasoning and factors at the instructed offerings. Covers all of the significant parts of perform you want to evaluation to attain good at the exam.
• reliable. Questions are derived from the revered ACP medication CME software. For extra studying, the issues are referenced to ACP drugs, a constantly up to date, evidence-based reference of grownup inner drugs. The circumstances are reviewed via specialists in medical perform from our editorial board on the nation's major clinical institutions.
• suitable. Case-based for better relevance to day-by-day practice—the layout chosen for lots of of the questions about contemporary assessments. those self-assessment questions offer easy-to-understand, targeted motives of the rules at the back of the answers—an excellent option to prepare for the forums or recertification.
• Print or digital codecs. Our challenge sequence may be ordered in conventional print or handy ebook codecs. The soft-cover print booklet is nearly six hundred pages, released in July of 2005. Or, our book bargains a handy PDF structure for fast obtain and lets you try out your clinical wisdom at any place you choose—from your machine or hand-held machine or through printing out an easy-to-read hardcopy to hold with you.
Read or Download Board Review from Medscape: Case-Based Internal Medicine Self-Assessment Questions PDF
Similar diseases books
Includes new and multiplied fabric on antioxidants in drinks and natural items, nitric oxide and selenium, and the influence of diet C on heart problems and of lipoic acid on getting older, hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance! supplying over 4200 modern references-2000 greater than the former edition-the moment variation of the instruction manual of Antioxidants is an up to the moment resource for nutritionists and dietitians, phone biologists and biochemists, cardiologists, oncologists, dermatologists, and scientific scholars in those disciplines.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It offers a whole clinical dictionary masking hundreds and hundreds of phrases and expressions when it comes to hemangioma. It additionally offers broad lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing numerous web assets.
Significant Fungal illnesses of Rice: fresh Advances presents a entire evaluate of up to date study in rice fungal pathology. There are 25 chapters facing the blast, sheath blight, sheath rot, brown spot and scald illnesses of rice in addition to a few broader subject matters. The booklet covers contemporary growth in a couple of key basic elements comparable to pathogenicity, pathogen range, molecular characterisation, gene cloning, genetics of host resistance and host-pathogen interactions.
Sataloff's finished Textbook of Otolaryngology: Head & Neck surgical procedure - Head & Neck surgical procedure is a part of a multi-volume textbook overlaying easy and medical technology around the whole box of otolaryngology. Volumes within the set contain; otology, neurotology and skull-based surgical procedure; rhinology, hypersensitivity and immunology; facial plastic and reconstructive surgical procedure; laryngology and paediatric otolaryngology.
- Neglected Tropical Diseases - Middle East and North Africa
- The Pathogens, the Infections, and the Consequences: Diseases Caused by Protista
- Cornea and External Eye Disease: Corneal Allotransplantation, Allergic Disease and Trachoma
- Central Nervous System Diseases and Inflammation
- Biochemical Aspects of Nervous Diseases
Additional info for Board Review from Medscape: Case-Based Internal Medicine Self-Assessment Questions
D. On physical examination, his blood pressure is 135/80 mm Hg, his pulse is 88 beats/min, and his respirations are normal. The rest of his examination is remarkable only for moderate obesity and 1+ pretibial edema. He has heard that medications called beta blockers could be helpful for people with heart trouble and wonders if he should be taking them. Which of the following statements regarding beta-blocker use is true? ❏ A. Beta blockers are contraindicated in patients with CHF ❏ B. Beta blockers are contraindicated in this patient because his ejection 6 BOARD REVIEW fraction is so severely diminished ❏ D.
She states that she has been taking herbs and nonherbal supplements to help alleviate the symptoms of menopause, combat depression and anxiety, and improve her arthritis. Which of the following statements regarding CAM treatments is false? ❏ A. St. John’s wort (used to treat depression and anxiety) can decrease serum levels of digoxin ❏ B. Dong quai (used to treat the symptoms of menopause) can prolong the international normalized ratio (INR) in patients taking warfarin ❏ C. The cardioprotective effects of garlic are as yet unproven ❏ D.
A 60-year-old man presents with progressive symmetrical lower extremity edema. 4 BOARD REVIEW Which of the following findings would be inconsistent with a diagnosis of right-sided heart failure? ❏ A. The Kussmaul sign ❏ B. Prolonged prothrombin time ❏ C. Diarrhea ❏ D. Elevated bilirubin level ❏ E. Pulsus paradoxus Key Concept/Objective: To understand the clinical findings of right-sided heart failure In right ventricular failure, constrictive pericarditis, or tricuspid stenosis, the compromised right ventricle cannot accommodate the normal increased venous return that occurs during inspiration.