By Amersham Biosciences
Read or Download Antibody Purification PDF
Similar pharmacy books
The fourth quantity within the six-volume instruction manual of Pharmaceutical production Formulations, this ebook covers semi-solid medicinal drugs. It comprises formulations of ointments, creams, gels, and suppositories, from publicly to be had yet commonly dispersed details from FDA New Drug purposes (NDA), patent functions, and different assets of primary and proprietary formulations.
Prescribing and drugs administration is among the most typical interventions in health and wellbeing care supply and sooner or later becomes a part of the function of many hundreds of thousands of nurses, pharmacists and different professions allied to medication (PAMs). self sustaining and Supplementary Prescribing: an important advisor is the 1st booklet of its type and explores a few key parts for prescribers, together with the moral and felony matters surrounding prescribing, the psychology and sociology of prescribing, prescribing inside of a public health and wellbeing context, evidence-based prescribing, prescribing inside a group context, simple pharmacology, tracking talents and drug calculations.
Whole in three volumes. Pharmaceutical know-how. 14 individuals.
163 pages, fifty four figures
- Handbook of Pharmaceutical Salts Properties, Selection, and Use
- Freeze-Drying, Second Edition
- International IT Regulations and Compliance: Quality Standards in the Pharmaceutical and Regulated Industries
- Mann's Pharmacovigilance
- Translating Molecular Biomarkers into Clinical Assays: Techniques and Applications (AAPS Advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Series)
Extra resources for Antibody Purification
Relative binding strengths of protein A or protein G. Single-step purification based on Fc region specificity will co-purify host IgG and may even bind trace amounts of serum proteins. To avoid trace amounts of contaminating IgG, consider alternative techniques such as immunospecific affinity (using anti-host IgG antibodies as the ligand to remove host IgG or target specific antigen to avoid binding host IgG), ion exchange or hydrophobic interaction chromatography (see Chapter 6). Both protein A and a recombinant protein A are available, with similar specificities for the Fc region of IgG.
2. Inject 3 × 2 column volumes of wash buffer. 3. Inject 3 × 2 column volumes of blocking buffer. 4. Let the column stand for 15–30 min. 5. Inject 3 × 2 column volumes of wash buffer. 6. Inject 3 × 2 column volumes of blocking buffer. 7. Inject 3 × 2 column volumes of wash buffer. 8. Inject 2–5 column volumes of a buffer with neutral pH. The column is now ready for use. A HiTrap column can be used with a syringe, a peristaltic pump or connected to a liquid chromatography system, such as ÄKTAprime.
4. Wash with 5–10 column volumes of binding buffer, or until no material appears in the eluent as monitored by absorption at A280. 5. Elute with 1–3 column volumes of elution buffer (larger volumes may be necessary). 6. If required, purified fractions can be desalted and transferred into the buffer of choice using prepacked desalting columns (see page 21). 7. Re-equilibrate the column immediately by washing with 5–10 column volumes of binding buffer. Avoid excessive washing if the interaction between the protein of interest and the ligand is weak, since this may decrease the yield.