By John Millington Ward
A tradition booklet for college students of English at intermediate and complicated degrees.
Read Online or Download 100 Useful Exercises in English (Penguin English) PDF
Best english as a second language books
This article deals a radical research of how listening, talking, examining and writing, in addition to grammar and vocabulary, are proven in a number of tests, besides acceptable instructing suggestions for every. additionally features a advisor to all significant foreign English language assessments.
Experimenting with Uncertainty: Essays in Honour of Alan Davies: Studies in Language Testing
This Festschrift brings jointly 28 invited papers surveying the state-of-the-art in language trying out. The papers, by means of key figures within the box of language checking out, disguise concerns starting from try out build definition to the layout and purposes of language exams, together with their value as a way of exploring better concerns in language instructing, language studying and language coverage.
Interlanguage Variation in Theoretical and Pedagogical Perspective
During this e-book H. D. Adamson studies scholarship in sociolinguistics and moment language acquisition, evaluating theories of version in first and second-language speech, with unique cognizance to the mental underpinnings of edition conception. Interlanguage is what moment language inexperienced persons converse.
Книга для самостоятельно обучения английского языка для уровня intermediate. Четвертое издание. Диск к четвертому изданию книги English Grammar In Use with solutions: A Self-Study Reference and perform publication for Intermediate rookies of English содержит более three hundred дополнительных заданий.
- Longman Pocket Idioms Dictionary (Dictionary (Longman))
- Check Your Vocabulary for Academic English: All you need to pass your exams
- Reading and Writing Targets 1. Student's Book
- Discussions A-Z Advanced: A Resource Book of Speaking Activities (Cambridge Copy Collection)
- Creating Songs & Chants (Resource Books for Teachers of Young Students)
- The Minimax Teacher
Additional resources for 100 Useful Exercises in English (Penguin English)
2. It certainly took Mr. Flores a long time to get rid of that salesman. 4. who's who: (who the different people in a group are) 1. There are so many dancers on the stage in the same type of costume that it's hard to tell who's who. 2. It was hard for the new teacher to tell who was who in our class for the first few days. 35 essential idioms in english 5. to go with: (to match, harmonize in color or design) (S) 1. That bow tie doesn't go with that red skirt at all. 2. Your tan shoes will go well with that dress.
LESSONS 1-10 1. She did not want to take part in the meeting. participate 2. He called up all his friends to say good-bye. _____________ 3. He took off his hat and coat. _____________ 4. I'll be back right away. _____________ 5. Be sure to put out the light before you leave. _____________ 6. They got on the train in Washing ton. 7. We waited and at last he arrived. 8. I was unable to find out her name. 9. Her health is improving little by little. 10. Last night some friends called on us. 11. She lives by herself in a furnished room.
2. There is no doubt as to her intelligence; she's the smart est one in the class. 12. to feel sorry for: (to pity, feel compassion for) 1. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work at night. 2. I felt sorry for Pierre when he broke his foot. 13. to take (something) for granted: (to accept as true without investigation) (S) 1. He spoke English so well that I took for granted that he was an American. 2. Did you take it for granted that his check was good? Didn't you ask any questions? 3. Don't take everybody's promises for granted.