By Kathy Flynn
Panorama: construction viewpoint via Reading is a interpreting sequence of high-interest texts that correlate to educational disciplines, together with the humanities, technological know-how, expertise, and background. each one unit comprises 3 thematically-linked studying texts-the first on somebody, the second one on a comparable position, and the 3rd on a comparable inspiration or event.
Read Online or Download Panorama Reading 1 Student Book: Building Perspective Through Reading PDF
Best english as a second language books
This article bargains an intensive research of how listening, conversing, interpreting and writing, in addition to grammar and vocabulary, are validated in various assessments, besides applicable educating suggestions for every. additionally incorporates a advisor to all significant foreign English language tests.
This Festschrift brings jointly 28 invited papers surveying the state-of-the-art in language trying out. The papers, by means of key figures within the box of language checking out, conceal matters starting from try build definition to the layout and functions of language assessments, together with their significance as a method of exploring greater matters in language educating, language studying and language coverage.
During this e-book H. D. Adamson studies scholarship in sociolinguistics and moment language acquisition, evaluating theories of version in first and second-language speech, with distinctive awareness to the mental underpinnings of version thought. Interlanguage is what moment language freshmen converse.
Книга для самостоятельно обучения английского языка для уровня intermediate. Четвертое издание. Диск к четвертому изданию книги English Grammar In Use with solutions: A Self-Study Reference and perform e-book for Intermediate newcomers of English содержит более three hundred дополнительных заданий.
- Dialects (Language Workbooks) , Edition: second
- Streamline English: Departures, Workbook A
- Academic Vocabulary in Use Edition with Answers
- Test it, Fix it - English Grammar: Intermediate level
- Better English Pronunciation (Cambridge English Language Learning)
- Fish is Fish
Additional resources for Panorama Reading 1 Student Book: Building Perspective Through Reading
Haida artists carved the faces and bodies of special 15 animals on the big logs. Totems are symbols of a person, a family, or a village. Each totem pole tells a story. C arr’s paintings are im portant because these IM11Jit iHMli a ii 20 25 30 35 wood totem poles only last about 100 years. M ost of the totem poles that Carr painted are gone. The Haida didn’t repair them. T he wood totem poles were left to nature and the weather. There is a lot of rain in the Northwest, and wood doesn’t last very long.
5. re tire __ resp ec t__ stru c tu re __ tim in g __ v erb al__ a. admire; think about in a good way b. choosing when to do something c. stop working because of age d. about words and speaking e. som ething that someone builds SCAN Guess if this is true or false. Circle a or b. Julia M organ worked on H earst Castle for 28 years, a. True b. False Scan the passage quickly to check your answer. 52 U n it 6 Julia Morgan: Architect Julia M organ loved buildings. D uring her career, she designed more than 700 structures.
Signpost__ sp irit__ stran g er__ w arn in g __ watch o v er__ I c W a. a being that is not hum an b. protect or take care of something c. a person that you do not know d. a pole with a sign telling you where you are or where to go e. som ething that tells you to be careful l ______________ Guess if this is true or false. Circle a or b. T he upper p art of the totem pole is always a spirit, a. True b. False Scan the passage quickly to check your answer. 44 U n it 5 Jangseung: Totem Poles in Korea In Korea, people place totem poles called jangseung outside their villages.