By Bill Mascull
Read Online or Download Key Words in Science and Technology (COBUILD) PDF
Best english as a second language books
This article deals an intensive research of how listening, talking, studying and writing, in addition to grammar and vocabulary, are verified in quite a number assessments, in addition to applicable instructing concepts for every. additionally incorporates a advisor to all significant overseas English language assessments.
Experimenting with Uncertainty: Essays in Honour of Alan Davies: Studies in Language Testing
This Festschrift brings jointly 28 invited papers surveying the cutting-edge in language checking out. The papers, by way of key figures within the box of language trying out, conceal concerns starting from try build definition to the layout and purposes of language assessments, together with their significance as a way of exploring greater matters in language instructing, language studying and language coverage.
Interlanguage Variation in Theoretical and Pedagogical Perspective
During this ebook H. D. Adamson studies scholarship in sociolinguistics and moment language acquisition, evaluating theories of version in first and second-language speech, with specified consciousness to the mental underpinnings of edition conception. Interlanguage is what moment language freshmen converse.
Книга для самостоятельно обучения английского языка для уровня intermediate. Четвертое издание. Диск к четвертому изданию книги English Grammar In Use with solutions: A Self-Study Reference and perform booklet for Intermediate newcomers of English содержит более three hundred дополнительных заданий.
- English for Specific Purposes (Cambridge Language Teaching Library)
- Grammar Games and Activities for Teachers
- How Now Brown Cow?: A Course in the Pronunciation of English with Exercises and Dialogues
- Developing Professional-Level Language Proficiency
Additional info for Key Words in Science and Technology (COBUILD)
Haida artists carved the faces and bodies of special 15 animals on the big logs. Totems are symbols of a person, a family, or a village. Each totem pole tells a story. C arr’s paintings are im portant because these IM11Jit iHMli a ii 20 25 30 35 wood totem poles only last about 100 years. M ost of the totem poles that Carr painted are gone. The Haida didn’t repair them. T he wood totem poles were left to nature and the weather. There is a lot of rain in the Northwest, and wood doesn’t last very long.
5. re tire __ resp ec t__ stru c tu re __ tim in g __ v erb al__ a. admire; think about in a good way b. choosing when to do something c. stop working because of age d. about words and speaking e. som ething that someone builds SCAN Guess if this is true or false. Circle a or b. Julia M organ worked on H earst Castle for 28 years, a. True b. False Scan the passage quickly to check your answer. 52 U n it 6 Julia Morgan: Architect Julia M organ loved buildings. D uring her career, she designed more than 700 structures.
Signpost__ sp irit__ stran g er__ w arn in g __ watch o v er__ I c W a. a being that is not hum an b. protect or take care of something c. a person that you do not know d. a pole with a sign telling you where you are or where to go e. som ething that tells you to be careful l ______________ Guess if this is true or false. Circle a or b. T he upper p art of the totem pole is always a spirit, a. True b. False Scan the passage quickly to check your answer. 44 U n it 5 Jangseung: Totem Poles in Korea In Korea, people place totem poles called jangseung outside their villages.